This position offers the post holder an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team, assisting with the design and development of a new innovative model of nursing care at West Middlesex University Hospital - PATCH team Providing Assessment and Treatment for Children at Home, with support from the Paediatric Emergency Department (PED) and Paediatric Ward Senior Management team.
The post holder will use their clinical experience and skills to independently assess and manage acutely unwell children, ensuring all children referred to the PATCH team receive high quality, compassionate and effective care at home.
The post holder will utilise face to face, virtual and telephone consultations and where escalation of treatment is required, liaise with the hospital teams ensuring timely care is maintained.Main duties of the job
- Use their experience and skills in the independent assessment and management of acutely unwell children to ensure all children referred to the PATCH team receive high quality, effective, individualised care that is compassionate and caring.
- Provide clinical supervision and clinical training for the junior members of the PATCH team and other nurses that rotate through the team.
- Work closely with the PATCH lead nurse, PED and paediatric ward teams and participate in education, ensuring a high standard of care is delivered to all children and their families.
- Assist with the clinical governance and audit of the PATCH project to monitor effectiveness and ensure care is timely and evidence-based.
- Assist in the reduction of acute admissions to inpatient hospital beds by supporting children and families in the community to self-manage conditions.
- Ensure safeguarding issues are acted upon promptly and appropriately.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information on the roles and responsibilities of the post holder Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Ensure high standards of patient care at all times challenging and ensuring others challenge poor practise, in accordance with the NMC Professional Code of Conduct.
- Ensure local plans support all clinical quality external accreditation, for example the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Ensure agreed systems and process to consistently provide safe, effective high quality patient care and embed a culture of quality improvement.
- Through visible clinical leadership ensure that the delivery of kind, compassionate and respectful care takes place, in line with the Trust PROUD values.
- Ensure that the delivery of care meets the individual needs of all patients and families.
- Ensure that all patient care is assessed, planned, prioritised and high quality, both physical and psychological delegating to support staff as required. Seek advice and support from other staff as required.
- In accordance with the individualised patient care, ensure clinical assessments are taken, results recorded and any appropriate actions taken based on the results.
- Ensure the maintenance of professional contemporaneous records at all times, document all actions and interventions in a clear and honest and timely manner in line with Trust policy.
- Develop effective teamwork, to ensure patients are regularly reviewed and discussed as part of regular MDT meetings, to include ongoing care plans especially for nights, weekend and bank holiday periods.
- Registered nurse - child branch
- Safeguarding children level 3
- Relevant clinical post qualification course
- Minimum 3 years experience post qualification
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Advanced Assessment course
- Experience of working in a H@H team
- Experience of working in the Emergency Department
- Community nursing experience
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.