This fixed-term post provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join the West Berkshire wheelchair Service, based at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
The role involves providing specialist postural and functional assessment and the prescription of wheelchairs for adults in the West Berkshire region.The role also requires a willingness to develop leadership skills, and would be an excellent opportunity for a band 6 looking to further their career. Involvement in service development and improvement projects is required.Main duties of the job
- To be a specialist wheelchair clinician working for the West Berkshire Wheelchair Service, based at Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Hospital (RBFT)
- To participate in the operational management of the wheelchair service in conjunction with the Band 7 Team Lead.
- To use specialist knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to provide high quality assessment and advice regarding the safe management of postural and seating needs, and to manage own caseload of patients with complex conditions as an autonomous practitioner
- Contribute to planning, service improvement projects, and policy development in these departments
- To deputise for the Band 7 Team Lead as required
The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest District General Hospitals in the country. The hospital achieved Foundation Trust status on 1st June 2006. It was the first Foundation Trust in the South Central Strategic Health Authority. The Trust has a successful track record of delivering high quality acute medical and surgical services for 500,000 patients across West Berkshire, an area extending from Newbury in the west to Henley-on-Thames in the east, and including Wokingham and parts of Hampshire to the south and parts of Oxfordshire to the north. The Trust is Reading's biggest employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person specification for more detailed information of responsibilities.Person SpecificationKnowledge/SkillsEssential
- To have a degree or recognised qualification in occupational therapy or physiotherapy
- To have specialist knowledge and understanding of the principles of postural management
- Understanding of a broad range of medical, neurological, musculoskeletal & orthopaedic conditions
- HPC Registered
- BSc OT
- Specialist qualification in related area
- Member of related Clinical Interest group
- Research or audit experience
- Experience of working in an area of practice related to the management of physical conditions affecting posture and seating requirements
- Post graduate specialist experience demonstrated by ongoing CPD and evidence-based project work
- Experience of supervising and developing other staff and students
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Service Development and change management experience
- Previous experience of using electronic medical records in clinical practice
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.