Gateway C is an online platform which delivers high quality education to support GPs and other primary care professionals in the early diagnosis of cancer. We are looking for an ambitious Education Coordinator to support the Gateway C programme, with a focus on education development.
The post holder will be responsible for providing organised, effective, and proactive support to the Gateway C education development team and providing support across the team where needed. You'll be working as part of a friendly, ambitious, and dedicated team.
To be successful in this role you will be an organised, skilled team member and able to deliver a comprehensive administrative service to all members of the Gateway C team. This will include general administrative tasks alongside providing first contact to users of Gateway C.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be a methodical individual with the skills to ensure that duties and tasks are followed through. Alongside this, we require initiative and willingness to work in a team in a rapidly developing work environment.
This is an important role in supporting a professional, creative, and forward-thinking team. You will therefore need to have outstanding administrative and technical skills. You will also need to have exceptional communication skills, as you work alongside our education team to support developing and maintaining our educational resources.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a 'can-do' approach and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines. We will need you to be flexible in your approach and have outstanding attention to detail.
The post requires a combination of good technical skills, an awareness of administrative processes and an understanding of the importance of good customer service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to take their next step up and gain some management experience. You'll be responsible for managing a Programme Administrator and will be given full support and direction.About us
The Christie is one of Europe's leading cancer centres, treating over 60,000 patients a year. We are based in Manchester and serve a population of 3.2 million across Greater Manchester & Cheshire, but as a national specialist around 15% patients are referred to us from other parts of the country. We provide radiotherapy through one of the largest radiotherapy departments in the world chemotherapy on site and through 14 other hospitals highly specialist surgery for complex and rare cancer and a wide range of support and diagnostic services. We are also an international leader in research, with world first breakthroughs for over 100 years. We run one of the largest early clinical trial units in Europe with over 300 trials every year. Cancer research in Manchester, most of which is undertaken on the Christie site, has been officially ranked the best in the UK.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Main Tasks
Communications and Engagement
- Work with GatewayC Project Support Officer to maintain a review process for existing courses
- Contribute to the evaluation of existing courses and support review and audit processes using Articulate Rise eLearning tool to update course content as appropriate
- Work with GatewayC Education Manager and GP Leads to review existing courses, ensuring they are current, accurate and follow the latest national guidance
- Provide support to subject matter experts to collate appropriate content and resources to embed within courses
- Where required, collaborate closely with digital support to design learning assets as courses are reviewed and updated
- Assisting project leads in the development of their work, offering options for development and consideration, and providing guidance in areas where decisions are required
- Applying project management principles to a number of delegated deliverables to ensure they are delivered on time and budget
- Supporting the development of policies and standard operating procedures across the project
- Supporting the review of project plans to ensure they are updated with milestones, timeframes and outcomes
- Supporting implementation of tests / pilots in accordance with established project plans
- Escalating risks as appropriate to the Project Lead as they arise.
- Producing and maintaining documentation which must be precise, accurate and produced in a timely manner and distributed to all relevant parties
- Ensuring standard administrative approaches are maintained
- Asking good questions, analysing data, problem solving and developing solutions in partnership with stakeholders
- Organisation and communication of the project governance meeting schedule
- Supporting GatewayC Programme Administrator in recording pertinent minutes and key actions from project meetings
Support the Project Directors and Leads with a number of communication activities, including:
Management and Leadership
- The development of reports (as required) for internal and external stakeholders
- Support digital activities for the project including the appropriate use of social media, video, web and email
- Responding to external enquiries (including nationwide and international) as a first point of contact for the team as appropriate
- Attendance at promotional events to engage with potential users, explaining the role of GatewayC and its benefits
Personal and Professional Development
- Line management of GatewayC Programme Administrator, providing support and opportunities for development where appropriate
- Represent GatewayC and the School of Oncology in a professional and positive manner
- Contributing to the development of the GatewayC team, developing and sharing knowledge, experience, skills and best practice
- Following prescribed GatewayC policies and procedures in all relevant aspects of management
- Work in partnership with other members of the School of Oncology, GM Cancer, CRUK, HEE and HEIW to support the overall vision and objectives of the programme
- Ensuring that projects are delivered within the available resources and agreed timescales, providing regular reports and raising significant problems/issues in a timely manner
- Planning the effective use of finances with Programme Manager and/or Education Manager to support all projects efficiently
- Managing and prioritising own portfolio of work and project-based responsibilities to meet required deadlines and objectives
- Taking every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve self-development including professional knowledge and competence
- Participating in personal objective setting and review, including the creation of a personal development plan
- Further personal development and training will be supported where it is consistent with the jointly agreed outcomes and objectives of personal development plans and/ or the changing strategic and operational requirements of the project
- The post holder must be able to work under pressure, within tight time frames and with minimal supervision against defined project plans, contributing to the development of plans.
- Participates at relevant meetings to update on the progress of the project or on its deliverables as required
- Processes and stores data appropriately, in line with GDPR regulations
- oDegree or relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience
- oIntermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as ESR, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word and Outlook.
- oProject management qualification
- oDemonstrable experience of developing educational projects
- oExperience of working collaboratively with a range of internal and external contacts
- oSignificant administrative / project support / PMO / performance previous experience
- oExperience and knowledge of project management
- oExperience of working in a change environment
- oEffective team working
- oExperience with digital design and communications
- oExperience in a similar position within the public sector, NHS or local authority
- oOrganised and able to deliver and support others in working towards deadlines
- oExcellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy - whether face-to-face, in writing, or using web-tools
- oProject management skills
- oCompetent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- oEffective communicator with excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills: capable of constructing and delivering clear information to all stakeholders
- oAbility to work under pressure in a busy working environment and able to multi-task
- oExperience of coordinating the development of plans from a variety of sources and contributors
- oResourceful, enthusiastic and can provide excellent administrative support to the team.
- oUse of website editing software such as Wordpress
- oUse of eLearning creation tools, such as Articulate Rise
- oUse of graphic design tools such as Adobe, Canva or Photoshop
- oAdvanced knowledge of Excel and data cleaning
- oTableau or any other data visualisation experience
- oExpert knowledge of administrative systems and processes
- oKnowledge of good practice in creating educational products
- oWorking knowledge of medical terminology
- oAbility to demonstrate the organisational values and behaviours
- oCommitted to quality in all that they do
- oValues diversity and difference and promotes equality of opportunity
- oCommitted to working to help colleagues deliver better outcomes for patients
- oOperates with integrity and openness
- oCommitted to personal development and supporting others to do the same
- oEnergetic and enthusiastic, capable of generating enthusiasm in others
- oChallenges received wisdom and acceptance of the status quo
- oEvidence of continuing personal development
- oAbility to work flexibly with some nationwide travel required
- oRegular travel to meetings within Greater Manchester
- oAbility to establish and maintain credibility
- oProfessional, calm and efficient manner
- oAbility to make informed decisions in the absence of clear information
- oAbility to troubleshoot effectively
- oUsed to managing the expectations of s
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.