An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Specialist Nurse within the Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust, CAMHS service at Harrogate
The successful applicant will be a Registered Nurse with considerable community CAMHS experience. The applicant should also hold Independent prescribing qualification or demonstrate a willingness to work towards this qualification within a specified timeframe.
The post holder will be an active part of the CAMHS Team offering leadership and guidance to the wider team. You will be involved in all service development work within the team.
Additionally you would be responsible for the clinical supervision of Senior Staff within the team.
A thorough understanding of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Human Rights Act will be essential to the role as these will provide the framework for all consideration.Main duties of the job
To be the professional lead for nurses in the designated specialty, leading on professional development and ensuring the delivery of robust evidence based practice.To participate in the establishment of systems assisting the Team Manager in the development of clinical practice, to ensure that the developments are embedded within the team and are sustainable.To ensure high professional standards of nursing practice in accordance with the NMC code of Conduct, with professional accountability to the Nursing and Governance Directorate.To lead the planning, implementation and participation in training and educational activities relevant to Practice Development for nurses in the designated specialty.To support the ward or team manager and other senior clinical staff in establishing and maintaining high standards and continual improvement within the established governance framework.To undertake ongoing audit of care and service delivery, underpinned by research and evidence-based practice. Undertakes research as part of the role.To coordinate and deliver clinical supervision to support all nursing staff within the area of responsibility.To work as a non-medical prescriber / or provide a governed therapy within the NMC framework and Trust protocol, in accordance with qualification and competence to practice.To provide nurse led diagnosis and treatment planning.To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental health conditions and learning disabilitiesAbout us
CAMHS Harrogate work with children and young people up to their 18th Birthday. Offering assessment and interventions.
We are a very caring and supportive team, who work with children and families at the heart of all they offer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Promotes and maintains safety, privacy and dignity of all patients in the delivery of patient centred care, recognising and respecting differences including spiritual and cultural beliefsEnsures that all staff take steps to obtain patient consent , parental consent or working within Frasier guidelines to care and treatment in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act, ensuring that patients who lack mental capacity are cared for in the least restrictive way; where restrictions are in place, ensures that consideration is given as to whether a deprivation of liberty is occurring and that this is raised with the MDT to agree appropriate authorisation.Acts, wherever applicable, in accordance with the Mental Health Act, duty of candour and associated policies and proceduresResponsible for recognising the potential for or signs of patient harm, abuse or neglect, including poor clinical practice, reporting all such concerns and taking all reasonable steps to protect the patient. Responsible for identifying and reporting concerns regarding the safeguarding of children who may be at risk.Responsible for ensuring the highest professional standards and attitudes towards the care of patients are maintained at all times and that care is delivered in accordance with evidence based practice by all members of the team. Patients have a range of mental health conditions and learning disabilities.Through supervision and co-working in complex cases, supports nurses to formulate, implement and evaluate interventions with individuals that are person centred and based on a range of physical and psychological approaches and therapies.Holds a small caseload of patients with complex needs and situations and has other nursing staff co-working for their own professional development. Takes the clinical history of patients and undertakes assessments specific to the area of professional practice and expertise, to provide nurse led diagnosis and treatment planning.Demonstrates and provides in-depth knowledge and consultancy for nurses and to mainstream services which are providing support to patients and carers with specialist needs.Provides highly specialised advice and guidance to the Clinical Director, General Manager, Associate Director of Nursing, Service Manager, Modern Matron and Team Managers as required.Provides direct clinical care interventions to support the development of practice in highly complex clinical cases.To manage crises by making evidence based decisions, support colleagues and service users when necessary, and utilising other integral parts of the service, to ensure best practice in risk assessment and management.Undertake risk assessment , and risk management for individual clients , this will involve risk to the client as in suicide , self harm , physical self neglect , substance abuse and vulnerability to exploitation as well risk to others as in violence and sexual assault. As the clinician you will be working with high risk clients , it will be essential to apply the highest level of standards to personal safetyResponsible for the safe transport and administration of medicines in accordance with Trust policy, legal requirements and NMC guidance, where applicable. Administers intramuscular injections. Undertakes the role of non-medical prescriber.Supports individual patients and their families/carers, providing advice and liaising with other support services to co-ordinate individual support packagesProvides health education and advice on health promotion to patients and their carersResponsible for decision making and co-ordination in a crisis situation, where necessary seeking advice and guidance from other relevant professionals.May be required to attend Mental Health Act tribunals, coroners courts, serious incidents and CTRsWhere appropriate and with authorisation advocates for patients/carers.Person SpecificationQualifications and ExperienceEssential
- Current Professional Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council - RMN / RNLD/ RGN (RNSC - CAMHS Only)
- Recognised Practice Assessor/Practice Supervisor or currently in progress of achieving.
- Trained in Clinical Supervision and providing Clinical Supervision or in the process of achieving
- Postgraduate diploma in a subject relevant to the area Or be willing to work towards and achieve within 2 years and
- Within the first year of being in post hold a recognised qualification in a governed therapy/advanced clinical qualification e.g Intermediate Systemic Family Therapy/Post Grad diploma in CBT/British Isles Dialectical Behaviour Therapy /NMP (level 3 Independent Prescriber)
- And have Equivalent clinical experience to that of a Post Grad Diploma/master's level such as working as a band 6 (or above) in relevant clinical area with significant experience (see below under experience), together with evidence of relevant CPD
- Significant experience working with patients with complex needs in the specialist field.
- Significant experience working with patients who display risk behaviours
- Significant experience working with patients with complex needs in the specialist field
- Significant experience working with patients who display risk behaviours
- Extensive knowledge of current issues relating to health needs of patients in the field of practice, regionally and nationally
- Understanding and working knowledge of the legal framework and statutory obligations under the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Understanding in interventions to support trauma.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.