This role gives the post holder an exciting opportunity to embed themselves into the East Lancashire community to grow existing community fundraising whilst introducing their own ideas, concepts and community funding streams.
You will be a confident relationship builder and a passionate and practiced fundraiser with experience of generating income within the charity sector.
This post will involve out of hours working, including evenings and weekends as and when required, and lone working.Main duties of the job
The post holder will professionally promote the charitable aims of ELHT& Me whilst engaging with members of the community, community groups and local business in order to maximise charitable funds.
You will have day to day responsibility for customer liaison, community fundraising, community fundraising appeals, booking and administration of community fundraising events. Together with the fundraising team, the post-holder will meet the annual community fundraising income target whilst controlling relevant expenditure.
The role will also include support to other ELHT& Me charity events and fundraising activities.About us
A unique and exciting opportunity to work within a small and agile team of professional and passionate fundraisers at the East Lancashire Hospitals Trust official NHS charity, ELHT& Me.
Reporting to Head of Charity the team also consists of a Digital Fundraising Officer and a Fundraising Assistant, along with 8 volunteers who work in the shop and charity hub at the entrance to Royal Blackburn Hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Community Fundraising Officer
- To deliver a range of community fundraising activities that include community group fundraisers, local business fundraising activities, community fundraising events, local fundraising appeals and support to individual community donors.
- To support, encourage and maximise all supporter led fundraising activities, ensuring they are correctly branded and marketed to reach full fundraising potential and charity brand awareness.
- Build and develop key relationships within the community, engaging appropriately with them to ensure long term support.
- Responsibility for the marketing and advertising of community fundraising activities by working closely with the Digital Fundraising Officer to ensure they are effectively promoted.
- To prepare and deliver relevant and informed talks to the local community, community groups and local business to promote the work of ELHT& Me and grow the community fundraising supporter base.
- To handle all fundraising income in accordance with thecharity'sprocedures and ensure that allfundraisingactivity is legal, ethical and conducted to the highestpossible standards.
- Updating charity and events internal systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be accountable for and deliver to agreed income targets and key performance indicators.
- Support the Fundraising team to fulfil the charity strategy, on time and within budget.
- To represent ELHT& Me at events and functions when required, both at weekends and in the evenings and provide support and assistance at other ELHT& Me fundraising activities.
- To act as an ambassador for ELHT& ME and the Trust with the media, patients, public, external organisations, and other key stakeholders.
- Establish a good volunteer network that adds real value and who are seen as a genuine extension of ELHT& Me.
- Manage general enquiries from supporters, members of the public and internal colleagues and provide excellent and timely customer service, face to face, over the phone and via email.
- Responsibility for capturing marketing content and updates for charity communications.
- Liaise with other ELHT departments as necessary.
- To provide effective general administrative support.
- Any other fundraising and administrative duties appropriate to the post.
- Level 3 qualification which can include:2 or more A-levels, NVQ3, BTEC OND, City and Guilds (Advanced/Level 3), Institute of Fundraising Certificate in Fundraising or significant relevant experience.
- Significant previous experience within a fundraising role, normally 2 years
- Strong track record of delivering income growth through charitable fundraising.
- Experience of working with a wide range of volunteers and community groups.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Dealing with challenging situations where tact and sensitivity is required
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience of editing online fundraising platforms and ticketing systems i.e. Just Giving and Event Brite
- Experience of managing online communities and social media campaigns
- Ability to develop creative ideas for new fundraising and events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to remain efficient under pressure
- Understanding of charity law and fundraising regulations
- Flexible to unexpected demands
- Ability to travel within the local area to meet the needs of the post
- Demonstrative skills in social media use
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- As a team player be able to engage with others in your own team and colleagues within the wider organisation
- Confidence and self-reliance to work alone at external charity activities, events a10nd information talks
- A full driving licence and car with business insurance
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Royal Blackburn Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.