Job summaryPoint Of Care Ultrasound Fellow- Acute Medicine- 1 year Higher Junior Specialist Doctor Grade SWBH NHS TRUST Do not miss this unique opportunity to become our second POCUS fellow in Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust and work alongside a forward thinking acute medical team who are now taking POCUS out in the community. Main duties of the jobYou will be mentored and supervised by Dr Sarb Clare MBE- a national leader in POCUS and will have your own Butterfly IQ to achieve your logbook numbers and accreditation. You will achieve accreditation in FAMUS/FUSIC and RCR level 1 Thoracic US within the time of your appointment. About us
Working for your organisation
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated care organisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises. As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding. The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the widerarea and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives:
Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staffOur Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we doOur Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve liveJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe role will be a 50:50 role where 50% will be contributing to the acute medical work which will enable use of your POCUS skills. You will have the opportunity to get involved in training and education, research as well as quality improvement projects. Please contact Dr Sarb Clare on email@example.com or 0121 507 6465 for any enquiries and interest in this role. Visit www.Generalistultrasound.com for more information Person SpecificationQualifications:Essential
- oPrimary medical qualification (MBBS/MBBCH) or equivalent.
- oEvidence of Research
- oEvidence of Quality Improvement
- oEvidence of teaching
- oA minimum of 4 years full time training and experience at ST1/2 or higher grade or equivalent
Management and Administrative Experience:Essential
- oRecent experience in acute Medical Take
- oAbility to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- oExperience of conducting clinical audit
- oAbility to use the evidence base and clinical audit to support decision-making
- oAbility to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, GPs, nurses, other staff and agencies.
- oCommitment to Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development
- oFull GMC Registration and licence to practise
- oAn understanding of the current NHS environment, particularly in relation to reforms, initiatives and issues.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.