We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Nurse with a passion for Sexual Health to join our integrated team providing sexual health, HIV and contraception care to male and female clients.
The post holder will be required to work daytime and evenings across sites in the East area.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is highly motivated and is able to show initiative
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience and knowledge of safeguarding practice and procedures
- Has a professional interest and desire to work in the speciality
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to provide high quality sexual health and contraception service to all clients accessing the sexual health clinics, to influence the development of the nurse's role within the integrated sexual health service. There may be a requirement to support and deliver the referral of medical termination service if requiredAbout us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the \Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of CPD
- Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Teaching and assessing Qualification
- Contraception qualification
- Knowledge of contraception/sexual health/ HIV specialist area.
- Must be able to disseminate information in both written and oral format.
- Understanding of the role of specialist area within the current health environment and the impact of current government/regional policy developments.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Willing to work across all BCUHB sites
- Ability to be motivated and forward thinking
- Will accommodate future 7 day working along with any potential future service extension
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.