Are you looking to develop yourself and further your career in one of the largest Trusts in the country?
- The Cancer and Haematology service based at the Osborne Building at theLeicester Royal Infirmaryserves a population of over 1 million. We have 73 in-patient beds supporting the Oncology, Haematology and Palliative care services teams.
- The Haematology Service cares for more than 55,000 outpatients and over 11,000 day case patients each year. There is an onsite Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Haemophilia service andAnticoagulation service.
- The Oncology Service care for over 30,000 outpatients and almost 13,000 day case and chemotherapy patients each year.
Do you want to utilise and build on your clinical knowledge and leadership skills? Main duties of the job
- A diverseClinical Trials and Cancer/Haematology Researchcentre based in the HOPE unit offers patients access to a wide range of Clinical trials including Phase 1 studies using novel agents and bi-specifics antibodies.
- In addition the Osborne building hasMacmillan Information and Support Centre andRadiotherapy Department
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Cancer & Haematology Pharmacist to join our friendly team toprovide clinical, aseptic and prescribing support to Haematology, Oncology, Clinical Trials and Aseptic Services. We are a friendly and dedicated pharmacist and technician team with a passion for delivering excellent patient care.
We are dedicated in Becoming the Best . Current exciting projects within the Oncology and Haematology service include the upgrade to Chemocare version 6 and a rapidly evolving provision of pharmacist prescribers in chemotherapy & Haematology clinics. You would be part of an exciting comprehensive training programme for foundation and specialist pharmacists.
You will be a professionally qualified Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council with extensive post qualification Oncology and/or Haematology experience. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be proficient in IT (Excel), enthusiastic and well-motivated.About us
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)The detailed job description and main responsibilities are included as an attachment to this advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Your role:
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Providing expert pharmaceutical advice to improve patients care both for inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Clinically verify chemotherapy prescriptions and SACT treatments to provide safe, cost effective and evidence based treatments for patients.
- To co-ordinate the management and development of the team delivering specialist clinical pharmacy and aseptic services to Cancer & Haematology patients.
- To work as an Independent prescriber and prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Participation and leading, when required, on innovative patient focused projects.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Qualified independent prescriber
- Experience of working in Cancer Services (Oncology & /or Haematology)
- Competent IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience and understanding on the use of e-prescribing systems for inpatients and chemotherapy
- Post registration hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience of working clinically within Oncology as a pharmacist
- Experience of working clinically within Haematology as a pharmacist
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Knowledge of funding streams for cancer treatments
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.