At Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board we believe that data helps to save lives and improve outcomes for patients. Working with doctors and nurses to understand what matters for their patients, the Information Department has developed analytics that help our clinicians make better decisions and improve their services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Information Analyst to work within Reporting and Standards.
The post holder will work closely with the Specialist Information Analysts and as part of this role, will be expected to work with colleagues in the Information Team to ensure that BCUHB's local and national reporting requirements are met.Main duties of the job
You should be enthusiastic and keen to learn with a passion for making the best use of latest technologies to support the management team, services, and all stakeholders including the patients themselves. We are looking for someone with excellent problem solving skills, and the creative vision to design effective, interactive reports that meet user requirements. You will have excellent people skills with the ability to translate abstract concepts into tangible solutions. You will be flexible and adaptable with the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting time to join our friendly team and you will get the opportunity to help shape the way information is delivered to users.
Previous experience of the NHS is desirable but not essential; above all you must be comfortable working with numbers and people, a logical and analytical thinker, and proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of products and ideally, SQL. You will share our commitment for high quality information to support organisational decision making.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the \Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find the full Job Description and Person Specification in the supporting documents.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent relevant experience
- Knowledge of a range of statistical techniques, eg SPC, Standard Deviation
- High degree of numeracy
- A Level Maths
- Membership of an Informatics professional body (e.g. British Computer Society or UKCHIP).
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience in an Information role (dealing with data)
- Experience in operating the Health Board's computerised administration systems
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of MS Office suite of products (particularly Excel and Access)
- Significant experience in translating all National Minimum Datasets/Abstract data into comprehensible and meaningful info for end users
- An understanding of National Data Dictionary items and NHS information codes
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Health Board's policies of Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Desirable Personal AttributesEssential
- Good communication skills
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Ability to interpret & present information in a meaningful manner
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, and across teams
- Ability to extract data from various systems
- Ability to organise and work to deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude
- Good team player
- Ability to work in pressured environment
- Good Timekeeping
- Reliable & Dependable
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.