Band 6 Waltham Forest Home Treatment TeamRegistered Mental Health Nurse.Teaching qualification (ENB 998, TICS etc.).A clear understanding of Home Treatment/Crisis Resolution Model of service delivery including Gate keeping and facilitating early discharges from the ward.Main duties of the job
The main responsibilities of the post: o To ensure that assessments and care plans reflect the psychological, emotional, social care, treatment, intervention and risk management needs appropriate to adults with acute mental health problems.o To enable others to contribute effectively, acknowledging the nature of and context of their work, sharing and taking account of own and others' knowledge and skills, and differences in working and professional practice o To work closely with other disciplines to deliver joined up care.o To take joint responsibility for teaching and assessing of student nurses and other multi-disciplinary staff who are on placement within the team.o To actively identify a full range of needs pertaining to equality and diversity issues that may arise for service users.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process, new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing on engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,108 and a maximum payment of �5,177).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification when completing your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Working with people with complex, acute mental health needs
- Providing staff supervision and appraisal to both qualified and non-professionally aligned staff
- Undertaking audits within a clinical setting
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating aspects of care
- To have experience in working / liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and other agencies in the provision of care
- Ability performs under pressure, quickly and effectively, making timely managerial decisions in conjunction with the Team Manager and following through available agreed care pathways.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- working in home treament team
- A clear understanding of Home Treatment / Crisis Resolution Model of service deliver including gate keeping and facilitate early discharges from the ward
- The 1983 Mental Health Act and related legislation, codes of practice and guidance
- Safeguarding Children and adults
- NSF Policy Implementation Guidance relating to Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team.
- Best Practice, latest research and effective delivery process
- Excellent working knowledge of intensive care programme approach
- Medication management
- Physical Health assessment.
- An awareness of NHS Plan, NSF and clinical governance priorities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Basic awareness of IT and IT skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills especially when handling conflict and change.
- Ability to facilitate positive multi-disciplinary working relationships across all services areas
- Ability to resolve difficult which affects working relationships and to offer support to staff, service users and carers on an ongoing daily basis
- Ability to explore emotionally demanding aspects of the role with appropriate staff in both managerial and clinical supervision as well as in team meetings and informal work related support systems
- Ability to assume the role of senior waking night staff, which will be part of the contracted hours and will provide a 24 hour, 365 days a year service, to service users, who are experiencing a sever acute mental health crisis
- Ability to take positive risk and provide care to service Users, in the least restrictive environment
- Ability to undertake HTT triage assessment to determine appropriateness for the service and priority for service response including risk to self or others and gate keeping in-patient admissions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality where appropriate
- Understanding of and commitment to the principle of equal opportunities in service delivery
- To be flexible, supportive and if required to take on new role within NELFT appropriate to knowledge, education and skills, as required
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.