The Cardiac Catheter Lab at Cheltenham General Hospital is moving from strength to strength. We are expanding our team to support the growing service including the recent introduction of an on-call rota, to cover emergency primary angioplasty 24/7. Would you like to be part of this exciting developing service?
We are seeking an experienced nurse with a strong clinical background who is enthusiastic to further develop their clinical skills and utilise their knowledge, experience, and leadership skills. Working alongside the Cath Lab team you will contribute to the provision of excellent evidence-based patient care. For applicants with no previous band 6 cath lab experience the role would be offered as a secondment.Main duties of the job
You must enjoy working in a busy environment and be a true team player. You will ensure provision of high standards of expert holistic care to patients and their relatives. Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills are essential. The job can be physically demanding and you must be able to stand for long periods in the lab wearing lead protection. You will develop and maintain a high standard of clinical skills and knowledge related to interventional cardiology. You will participate in quality improvement and development of evidence based practice within the department.About us
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
You will join our team of experienced nurses working in our interventional Cath Labs and recovery day unit. The clinical environment can be challenging and rapidly changing with high acuity patients. The nursing staff work closely alongside the multidisciplinary team to provide high standards of evidence-based care. There is a strong focus on developing clinical practice and professional development. Training will be provided, and further academic study is encouraged and supported.
As the service develops we are looking for innovative and new ways of working and you will be encouraged to contribute to development of policies and protocols helping to shape the service and ensure that patients remain at the focus of everything we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our team of experienced nurses have a varied job plan: they are trained to scrub and circulate for all procedures, provide pre and post-procedure recovery care, patient education and take calls directly from paramedics for patients who may be having a heart attack in the community. We provide emergency, acute and elective procedures for patients including primary angioplasty (PPCI), cardiac devices, diagnostic angiography and forms of invasive assessment of cardiac function, physiology and structure within the Cath labs. As part of the Cath Lab team you work closely with physiologists, radiographers and doctors. Our elective service currently runs Monday to Friday. We provide a PPCI service from 0800hrs-2000hrs 7 days a week with an on-call rota and are expanding the team to provide a 24/7 emergency primary angioplasty service. The role will involve on-call commitment at least once a week at present.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registration
- Evidence of ongoing development through professional portfolio and revalidation
- Commitment to further education and development
- Relevant clinical skills to include ECG interpretation, cannulation, drug administration, ILS, management of conscious sedation
- Post registration experience in acute clinical area
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Previous experience in cardiology or interventional Cardiology
- Experience of second operator/scrub role for interventional cardiology and pacing procedures
- Experience of mentoring/supervising others
- Involvement in quality improvement projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use clinical reasoning skills to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and provide high quality nursing care
- Personally resilient to respond to emergency situations maintaining patient safety and supporting patient, family and staff as required
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative and prioritise own workload and that of others
- Excellent communication skills to include maintenance of clear accurate and concise patient records
- Ability to maintain and contribute to the development of high standards of evidence based practice
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cheltenham General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.