Service ManagerMedicine and Emergency Care Services
If you are motivated, driven and passionate about driving services forward, there has never been a more exciting and rewarding to time to become part of our Trust. This exciting and demanding post will call on and stretch all of your operational management skills as well as offer opportunities to learn new skills.
As a Service Manager along with the Collaborative Chair and Associate Chief Nurse you will form the senior leadership triumvirate for the collaborative, working closely with the collaborative Clinical Directors, Clinical Matrons, operational managers and clinical teams. By inspiring a culture of high performance in the team, you will ensure the provision of sustained high quality services and standards as well as the day to day performance management of your service group including quality, operational, resource and financial control mechanisms.Interviews are expected to take place on Wednesday 14th June 2023Main duties of the job
The Service Manager will provide coherent direction and leadership in order to ensure consistently high levels of quality and performance are achieved. You will be accountable for delivering timely and excellent patient experience across all services for which they are responsible. The post holder will ensure that mechanisms are in place to safely manage demand and capacity into and within the service.
As Service Manager for Medicine and Emergency Care you will also act as a key lead for a number of areas within the organisation including but not exclusively Winter Planning.About us
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust offers leadership and improvement training to all new staff to the Trust this training programme has been designed to support our leaders in developing their understanding of leadership and management skills. You will be expected to attend the leadership development programme, and the Quality Improvement Programme that the Trust delivers. This programme aims to:
- Explore leadership within the NHS
- Promote Trust Values and Behaviours
- Develop your Leadership effectiveness and skills
- Practitioner level in quality improvement, equipping you with the skills to champion, lead and complete quality improvement within your role
After you complete this four and a half days of training you will be able to explore further leadership and improvement training opportunities, we offer further in-house courses dependent upon your role and bitesize programmes and leadership apprenticeships at level 3,5 and 7.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the full job description and person specification document(s) for main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationKnowledge and SkillsEssential
- Proven ability to be intellectually flexible and to be able to look beyond existing processes and ways of working to produce more effective service delivery
- Evidence of a sound understanding in operational management and service improvement methodologies.
- A sound understanding of the NHS current legislation and national strateg2y
- A strong knowledge of budgetary planning and cost improvement planning processes.
- A strong knowledge of change and project management.
- Knowledge and experience is required over a large number of specialties to include Human Resources, Finance, Performance Management, Planning and Communications in additional to operational management knowledge
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- A management qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of recent ongoing continuous professional development.
- Significant experience and evidence of creative strategic thinking.
- Experience of successfully managing significant organisational change.
- Recent evidence and experience of positive leadership skills and the ability to transform and lead a team to work effectively together.
- Experience of translating strategic goals into effective operational plans and objectives
- Substantial and relevant senior management experience in a key healthcare operational role.
- Demonstrate achievements in improving patient care, meeting NHS targets and managing within budgets.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to establish credibility and develop and maintain effective working relationships at operational and senior management levels
- Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with commissioners, service providers and third party suppliers
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The James Cook University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.