University Hospitals Dorset NHS Charity exists to enhance patient care and provide items above and beyond what NHS core funding provides.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about fundraising and the NHS to join our charity management team.
This is a fixed term contract for 24 months specifically to support a new capital appeal; working with our Head of Charity and fundraising team to support donated income across all fundraising disciplines to ensure the effectiveness of the appeal programme.
The Capital Appeal Fundraising Manager will provide fundraising and organisational support to help secure income for the capital appeal.
It's an exciting time to join our team and we need someone with drive and determination to help us deliver on our aims and ambitions. Interview Date: TBC Base Location: Royal Bournemouth HospitalMain duties of the job
- Work closely with the Head of Charity to drive UHD Charity's capital appeal.
- Help secure major gift income for the capital appeal.
- Work closely with wider charity team
- Commission, write, edit, proofread and coordinate publications as required to support the appeal
- Organise donor engagement events and meetings.
- Coordinate targeted cultivation plans and funding proposals for prospective donors.
- Maintain accurate records using the charity's CRM donor database.
Our charity team is based across both Poole and Royal Bournemouth Hospitals; with the expectation for team members to be flexible in working across these offices. However this post will be based primarily at RBH.
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As well as supporting the day to day running of the charity, you will take the lead on delivering the capital appeal for the new hospital programme at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
You must have experience of fundraising as you'll be responsible for delivering a financial target through a variety of fundraising disciplines, campaigns, supporting our programme of events and developing a major donor campaign.
You will need to have proven and demonstrable experience of fundraising, and project management in a charity. You will be an experienced fundraiser and project manager, adept at building relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders and able to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex projects.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must as you will support the preparation of regular papers for the Charitable Funds Committee and other forums providing reassurance to members about progress towards the capital appeal.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Professional Fundraising Qualification and/or equivalent post graduate qualification
- Significant experience of working within the fundraising department of a charity
technical skillsEssential KnowledgeEssential
- Experience in major fundraising campaign management
- Knowledge of CRM databases and GDPR
- Expert knowledge of fundraising
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.