We're proud to be Solent and you could be too!
We are looking for Mental Health Practitioners to join our Access to Intervention Service, whether you are a registered Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist -- we want to hear from you!
Working in Portsmouth offers a diverse inner-city client base where we provide assessments and interventions to individuals who present with a range of mental health needs. We are the access point for Adult Mental Health by assessing and working with our patients to access the most appropriate services which are tailored to support their mental health and social care needs.
We're passionate about providing you with opportunities to develop and have a wide range of therapies and treatments to train in to continue your learning, which can also be transferable across all other areas of Mental Health.
The working world has changed but our ability to provide quality care to the communities in Portsmouth has only improved! With plenty of profession specific training, leadership opportunities, new ways of working such as virtual consultants and consistently delivering exceptional care by the right professional at the right time.
We want the best for you so you can deliver the best quality care to our patients.Main duties of the job
Assess patient/client, plan develop/implement/evaluate programmes of care and carry out nursing procedures to achieve best health outcome for patient/client/family/health needs as well as actively promote health and wellbeingEvaluate clinical outcome and report variance to clinical pathway, protocols, or best practice guidelinesContribute to effective discharge planning and/or referral process to health care provider and support agencies to meet identified health needsApply diagnostic reasoning and professional judgement to nursing practiceManage daily care of patient/client and when required manage care in the absence of senior colleaguesFoster inquiry and critical thinking amongst colleagues to advance nursing practice and patient/client care to ensure the provision of positive patient/client outcomes and person-centred careAccurately document assessments of patients/client's health status, diagnosis and response to nursing and other interventions and treatmentsEffectively manage clinical care and area through the implementation of clearly defined policies and proceduresEducate and provide information to patients/clients/family to improve knowledge of illness, self-management prevention of complications and promotion of recoveryRole model safe nursing practice and report poor practice when observedPractice in accordance with legal, ethical, culturally safe, and professional standards including the Code of practiceAbout us
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical and professional
- To ensure the maintenance of a high standard of care to working age adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties and act as lead professional to an agreed number of cases. . Ensuring the implementation and review of appropriate care and treatment meeting the needs of Service Users in an effective, efficient and recovery focussed approach
- To offer comprehensive needs assessment and care plan, Risk assessment, Dialog assessment ensuring the implantation and review of appropriate care and treatment meeting the needs of Service Users in an effective, efficient and recovery focussed approach.
- To discuss cases at an MDT level with a high standard of presentation
- To be able work as a team member in a flexible facilitative manner.
- To be Care Act Compliant, Social Workers will be expected to arrange, cost and purchase Social Care within the financial framework and procedures.
- To maintain a commitment to service user and carer empowerment and to assist and encourage the development of initiatives which facilitate their involvement in their care and at wider service planning
- Organise and arrange, chair, CPA meetings, Professional Meetings, MDT, Case Conferences, and other clinical meetings as indicated.
- Develop, support and mentor new staff including students, trainees and support staff
- Chair Professional Meetings, MDT, Case Conferences and other clinical meetings as indicated
- To be able work as a team member in a flexible facilitative manner
- Fully comply with Data Protection requirements, Freedom of Information and Caldicott Guidelines
- Participate in audit process and in the implementation of any recommendations made
- Participate in development and implementing service standards in line with Service Developments as required
- Contribute to the educational programme and ensure that mandatory, statutory, and personal development plan training is undertaken.
Ensure active participation in supervision, scoping in reflective practice, hold a caseload management, Therapy supervision, personal development, and appraisal reviews.Communication
To develop a professional relationship with service users based on principles of recovery.
To comply with requirements to monitor and record agreed outcome measures and key performance indicators e.g., mental health minimum data set.
To accurately record all contacts with service users in the S1 electronic record in line with Solent NHS record keeping policy. Including providing and receiving complex, sensitive or contentious information.
To ensure effective communication with service users, relatives and carers, visitors, staff, and others. At times managing hostile, antagonistic or highly emotive atmospheres.
To ensure that all communication takes place in a manner that is consistent with legislation, policies, and procedures.
To discuss cases at an MDT level with a high standard of presentation
To respond to questions or concerns from service users and carers in a timely and professional manner.
To maintain up-to-date HoNOS and clustering assessments re. PbR.
To be aware of own behaviour and professional boundaries with both service users and colleagues and ensure these are in accordance with Trust policy.Administration
The Trust is committed to providing a high-quality service through the effective management and development of its employees. The Performance Appraisal process ensures that the Trust is able to achieve its key aims of delivering cost effective, high quality and responsive healthcare, whilst enabling employees to understand how the outcome of their contribution fits within these overall aims.
All staff have the responsibility to support all learners and to keep their knowledge of supporting learners in practice up to date, according to appropriate governing bodies regulations.Knowledge, Education and training
To lead the development, maintenance, and monitoring of service standards, collect and collate data/ information effectively for the purpose of audit, research and service performance.
To identify, implement and evaluate, with others, areas for potential service improvement and agrees further action.
To ensure structures are in place for effective appraisal, personal development and performance management and audit these regularly.
To assist the team leader in ensuring a safe roster in the clinical area.
To assess and plan care in a manner that is consistent with evidence-based practice, policies and procedures and the management of risk.
To take all possible precautions to safeguard the welfare and safety of staff, service users, visitors, and the public, by implementing all policies related to health, safety, security, and risk.
To ensure compliance by self and staff of the Trust's Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, including taking all reasonable steps to manage and promote a healthy working and diverse working environment.
To adhere to professional confidentiality standards.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work (or equivalent)
- Registration with either NMC / HCPC
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experienced in assessing and developing patient care plans
- Experienced in developing and delivering care and clinical interventions to patients
- Experience of MDT working
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision/assessing junior staff and students
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines contributing to management of resources
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Solent NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Community Health Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.