This Management Accountant role is an ideal first role in NHS Finance, or if you're looking for your first role in the fantastic Operational Finance team at University Hospitals Dorset NHS Trust!
The role is ideally suited to a recent graduate with a Finance or Accountancy degree. Alternatively if you are a current Band 4 or Band 5 in a Finance role in the NHS, we want to hear from you!
We can offer an outstanding training package that will support you through your formal accountancy qualification, alongside receiving mentoring and on the job support from a number of qualified accountants and experienced trainers in the department. We are accredited with all the major CCAB Accountancy bodies.
We are looking for a candidate who is keen to become a qualified accountant and/or develop their career in NHS finance. The successful candidate will be working as part of a committed team and should be able to demonstrate a desire to work in Finance and the NHS. The ability to work in a team and to deadline, prioritising workload, as well as communicating well to non-finance colleagues and the key sills neededBase Location: Poole Hospital and remote workingInterview Date: 15th June 2023Main duties of the job
In a sentence: To support the Team lead in the production and presentation of the monthly accounts.
As a Band 5 Management Accountant you will be part of the Surgical Care Group Finance team, helping to deliver sound financial management to the Care Group. The team you will join has a mix of experienced Accountants and new starters to the NHS.
The Surgical Care Group portfolio covers expenditure budgets of over �150m and over 2,000 people! So lots to do!
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advertPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or Certificate level of recognised CCAB body (or equivalent eg: AAT Qualified).
- Studying for Diploma Qualification level of CCAB Accountancy body.
- Sound, demonstrable knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of the organisation's objectives and activities Understanding of the NHS agenda and knowledge of NHS financial framework
- Previous management accounting experience or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting.
- Previous experience of monitoring budgets and variance analysis or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting.
- Previous experience of data manipulation (with large data sets) or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting.
- Experience in the use of E-Financials software packages.
- Experience in the use of Business Objects
- Experience of developing activity, income and expenditure forecasts, including the modelling of different scenarios.
- Previous management accounting experience within the NHS or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting within the NHS.
- Previous experience of monitoring budgets and variance analysis or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting within the NHS.
- Previous experience of data manipulation (with large data sets) or able to demonstrate in application and interview degree level experience / understanding of management accounting within the NHS.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial information.
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft office applications.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, required to design new and/or improve existing financial monitoring systems.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate flexibility
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise own work in order to meet departmental deadlines.
- Methodical approach and accurate in calculations and data input
- Ability to cope with interruptions for example via telephone and emails (from budget holders) some of which may require immediate attention and a change of work priorities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.