Are you an experience people professional looking for the next step in your career? We are looking for an HR professional with excellent influencing and communication skills to join the team in a diverse but rewarding role.
In this vital role, you will work alongside divisional management teams on a day to day basis providing highly specialised HR advice to all groups of staff (including doctors and dentists) across a range of issues to include workforce planning, performance and absence management, diversity, recruitment, employee relations, change management, grievance and discipline, talent management and succession planning.Main duties of the jobIn this role you will
To excel in this role you
- Have responsibility for supervision and line manager of HR Advisors
- Work autonomously to provide outstanding HR services to managers, guided by principles and broad occupational policies or regulations.
- Be the lead specialist within your field, providing expert knowledge and support
- Will be an experience HR Professions education to Masters Level (or equivalent)
- Have up to date working knowledge of employment law and NHS Terms & Conditions of service
- Be experience in successfully managing projects with a proven ability to analyse problems and identify solutions
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (DCHFT) is a modern hospital that provides a full range of district general services, including an accident and emergency department, and links with satellite units in five community hospitals. At DCHFT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff
Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities.We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us at Recruitment@dchft.nhs.uk if you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Masters in Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Evidence of CPD
- Graduate or chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and development
- Demonstrable experience of: oProviding HR advice across the whole range of employment issues including complex cases
- oWorking within the NHS
- oWorking in partnership with trades unions and developing employee relations
- oSuccessful management of others
- oSuccessful project management and management of change
- oPolicy development
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- oExperience of Workforce planning
- Thorough knowledge of the NHS and HR issues within it
- In depth knowledge of the Agenda for Change terms and conditions of service
- Up to date working knowledge of employment
- Ability to prioritise own work and team priorities in changing environment
- Excellent influencing and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret complex information
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to establish positive relationships at all levels, both within the Trust and wider networks
- Knowledge of Medical and Dental Staff terms and conditions of service (to include the consultant contract, the SAS contract, EWTD and job planning processes)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.