The Trust would like to recruit a highly technical, motivated, and enthusiastic Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our professional team delivering crucial NHS services to Hackney and beyond.
This role is a hands-on technical position involving a mix of BAU and project activities to support the Trust's expanding Infrastructure operations.
The role also requires to participating in an on-call rota to provide 24/7 support for important ICT related issues.
This post reports to the ICT Systems Manager as part of a wider team delivering ICT services for the Trust.Main duties of the job
The Infrastructure team are responsible for the provision of network & systems services from the core infrastructure to desktop, both within the Homerton campus and wherever external services may be required. Security and confidentiality is of paramount importance in the delivery of these services.
This post will play an active role in Information Security and will require to help plan, develop and maintain a sound platform to provide an effective, resilient and flexible infrastructure for both voice and data.
The post holder will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
The post holder will manage, maintain, and monitor all network, telecoms, security, and computer systems to meet the organisation's current and future needs
The post holder will be responsible for identifying performance issues proactively and to manage & maintain of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network, telecoms devices and productive tools.
Key skills / experience for the role
Supporting and maintaining Virtual Infrastructure, SAN Storage Systems, Network Switches, Server Hardware, and Physical Data Centres
Experience of Microsoft Systems, AD, IIS, SQL, SCCM/MECM
Experience managing Anti-virus products, Patch Management platforms, Enterprise Backup Solutions, and Application Deployment Technologies.About us
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of \Outstanding from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital .
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, our procedures and our People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ and Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s on this page.
The person specification below is not the full person specification but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationQualifications / ExperienceEssential
- Educated to a Masters level and/or substantive years of experience managing a core infrastructure.
- VMware Certification and/or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Citrix Certification and/or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Cisco Certification (e.g. CCNA).
- ITIL Certification.
- In depth skills in the administration of Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g Active Directory, IIS and SQL).
- In depth skills in the administration of IT Data Centre Hardware (e.g. Dell Poweredge Servers, and Compellent Storage Systems).
- In depth knowledge of Cisco Network Equipment, (e.g. Catalyst Switches, and ASA Firewalls).
- In depth understanding of Security Software, and Backup Technologies (e.g Sophos, Microsoft Defender, and Commvault Commserve).
- In depth understanding of HSCN, and NHS Digital guidelines and requirements.
- In depth skill in the administration of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- In depth skill in the administration of Microsoft Intune.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing.
- In depth understanding of PRINCE2 Project Management methodology.
- Substantive years of experience managing a core infrastructure
- Demonstrates an understanding of Trust Values
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.