An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Company Secretary Team for a Senior Corporate Governance Officer.
If you thrive working with a degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills, high attention to detail and a commitment to making improvements. As an experienced meeting administrator with a track record of supporting meetings at Board level, you will be part of an experienced and professional Company Secretary Team. You will have exposure to all parts of the organisation, expand your knowledge and be provided with opportunities for development.
This is a challenging role which includes actively contributing to and developing the governance standards we work towards as well as providing meeting support.
The successful candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of corporate governance and committee services.Main duties of the job
The postholder will work as part of the Company Secretary Team, led by the Company Secretary to establish, develop and maintain arrangements and procedures for the sound corporate governance of the Trust.Predominantly this will include ensuring that the Board of Directors, the Board's Committees and other significant groups have robust administration in place and that Trust policy and procedure are followed to ensure compliance with the respective delegated authorities and terms of reference.
The postholder will also support the Company Secretary Team in the provision of company secretarial advice, training and support across the Trust. The purpose of the Company Secretary Team is to advise and support the Chair, Board of Directors and Council of Governors on all aspects of regulation, corporate governance and effective business conduct for the organisation.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FTJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
Experience / KnowledgeEssential
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent with additional knowledge or knowledge through experience, eg diploma level qualification relating to projects/project management / governance.
- Evidence of CPD in corporate governance
Skills / AbilitiesEssential
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with a Board of Directors or other governing body
- Demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office to a professional standard
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working and relationship building across internal departments, teams and networks
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance framework
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Able to build effective working relationships at senior levels
- Proven ability to produce well-presented clear and accurate documents other than minutes
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Proven ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all grades of staff both verbally and in writing
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer detailsEmployer name
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bamber Bridge, Preston
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.