Be part of our passionate dietetic team at MFT where we have vision & motivation to empower people to achieve their goals, feel better & live longer. Here you'll enrich your career in one of the largest NHS Trusts in England. You'll be a highly valued member of our amazingly diverse seventy strong dietetic team, who make a real difference across 4 hospital sites.
Based at Wythenshawe Hospital, you'll be close to vibrant Manchester, enjoying its culture and excellent transport links; whilst working in a suburban hospital which will become the centre of a new sustainable health village. As we work together to improve the services provided to our local community & those accessing our regional specialist services, you & your patients will benefit from the biggest electronic record system & innovative online patient portal.Main duties of the job
We develop our workforce, here you can really advance your clinical expertise and leadership skills working alongside other vastly skilled colleagues. You'll have access to an array of internal and external training, including our leadership courses. Use your acquired skills to direct one of our multi-sited dietetic working groups in the progress of clinical policies; a preceptorship pathway; pre-registration placements, research projects; electronic outcomes; or health and wellbeing initiatives.
Want more opportunities, consider the career paths of your colleagues who have accessed research training, undertaken a non-medical prescribing course, advanced their clinical competencies, & expanded their educator abilities.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive; our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc (Hons) or post graduate Diploma in Dietetics
- Current registration with HCPC
- Qualification or evidence of working towards a Masters in area of specialisation
- Higher level degree eg Masters in relevant clinical area or in Clinical Leadership/Management/Education
- Teaching qualification
- Current membership of BDA
- Relevant post graduate dietetic experience
- In-depth knowledge to expert level of nutrition support, including complex enteral and parenteral feeding regimes and the specific requirements of hypercatabolic ICU patients
- Experience in a clinical supervisory role, providing support and guidance to junior members of staff and students
- Evidence of contribution to service improvement
- Evidence of CPD to comply with HPC requirements for registration
- Experience of policy and/or protocol development
- Experience in development and delivery of teaching and learning programmes at under and post-graduate level
- Evidence of successful change management
- Experience of audit
- Experience of managing a team including recruitment, selection and appraisal
- Clinical experience within critical care, burns, burns critical care, tissue viability or cardiothoracic including transplant
- Clinical research experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, ages and settings
- Presentation skills to demonstrate effective and efficient work
- Evidence of effective working with MDT and multi-agency teams
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise workload and meet deadlines despite repeated interruptions
- Accurate anthropometric measuring skills
- Competency in IT Office programmes and dietary analysis software
- Well developed behaviour change and counselling skills
- Ability to synthesise and analyse complex clinical and theoretical information
- Able to work autonomously
- Problem solving skills
- Publishing track record
- Evidence of presentations/lectures
- Detailed knowledge of clinical governance
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Knowledge of current NHS trends which influence service provision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.