Job summarySenior Innovation Advisor
ICHP is a partnership organisation (hosted by Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust) bringing together NHS providers of healthcare services, the NHS North West London Integrated Care Board (ICB) and leading universities across North West London.
We have been designated by NHS England as the Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) for North West London, and we are one of 15 AHSNs across England which make up The AHSN Network.Main duties of the jobRole
Senior Innovation Advisors support complex change by bringing energy, expertise, and empathy to bear in the development, execution, and management of innovation projects. You will form part of our development group where we will support you to develop in areas that you are interested in and that meet our business needs.
You will work on a mixture of short-term projects and longer-term programmes. This could involve:
- Project and financial management - organise your own and others work to deliver it on time in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Strategy and planning - work with our partners to develop strategies and plans to help execute their programmes of work
- Searching for best practice and solutions - help partners identify new solutions for their problems, often by researching and understanding existing good practice from other organisations, sectors and countries.
- Analysis - understand and interpret data and evidence in a meaningful way for our partners. You will work with our internal team of health economists and analysts to provide in-depth analysis of real-world data to inform decision making.
- Communication and relationship building - spend time working with NHS staff, academics, industry and the public to understand the need for new innovations.
- Implementation - work with our partners to implement new ideas, systems and technologies to solve problems in the health service.
At ICHP we believe that innovation can be a powerful trigger to create new ways of working.
Through working with world leading hospitals, community providers, commissioners and universities, we match health challenges with new innovations. This helps our partners provide the best possible health and care outcomes for North West London's 2.3 million residents.
ICHP is part of the NHS family and our success is the success of our partners. At the same time, we are sufficiently removed from the daily pressures of the health and care system enabling us to provide a fresh perspective, headspace and a bridge into other sectors and industries.
We are therefore uniquely placed to understand the challenges within the NHS, its structures, processes, policies and culture and help solve complex problems. Our team of diverse and committed experts have the tools, networks and skills to quickly understand and tackle these challenges.
We are motivated by our values of creating high quality impact, asking the difficult questions and bringing together the right people to solve a challenge. We are determined to deliver the highest quality of service to help our clients deliver more effective and efficient health and care to their populations.
At a time where collaboration and innovation are crucial to help meet some of healthcare's most pressing challenges, there has never been a better time to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate and forward-thinking about healthcare
- Problem-solvers with an ability to spot new ways of doing things
- Collaborative and able to build good relationships
- Adaptable and self-motivated to work across several projects at any one time
We dont expect everyone to be good at everything and are most interested in candidates who have a clear sense of what strengths they could bring to the team and where they will need support and development. We would expect you to have the ability to understand and apply a wide range of evidence to problems in healthcare and to communicate in a compelling way with clinical and managerial staff in the NHS. You will be supported by Innovation Managers and Innovation Leads but will be able to work autonomously and lead your own projects.
Important: You will also see us advertising for Innovation Advisors
. Please read the job descriptions and person specifications of both theInnovation Advisor
andSenior Innovation Advisor
carefully before deciding which role you feel that you are best suited. For example, Innovation Advisors must have experience in supporting projects whereas we would expect Senior Innovation Advisors to have experience leading on projects. Interview date: Week commencing 19th June 2023 For informal enquiries:
please email Matthew Wyatt at (email@example.com)Person SpecificationExperienceDesirable
- Values and behaviours
- Skills and capabilities
- Management skills and personal attributes
- Knowledge and experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.