An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Radiology Directorate at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust for a suitably experienced Radiographer with appropriate clinical and leadership skills to take on a Senior Radiographer role working in the clinical area of CT.Applicants for this role will have substantial NHS working experience. A thorough comprehension of the range of CT examinations. Experience of Virtual CT colonography scanning and interventional CT is desirable.The successful applicant must be adept at dynamic teamworking in a fast-paced imaging department be able to prioritise workload and also work autonomously and independently following defined imaging pathways and protocols.Main duties of the job
To work as part of a multidisciplinary team with high standards of patient care to provide a comprehensive and efficient 24hr Imaging service following policies and procedures as specified by the Radiology Directorate.To meet the demands of a modern, busy Radiology department with excellence and leadership.The post holder will be required to be a first line supervisor to junior and support staff.About us
We hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers.
Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you.
We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service.
The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
- To assist the radiologists/other radiographers/radiology nurses during patient examinations in the Radiology Department.
- To undertake all other radiographic duties within the department with supervisory responsibilities as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the care and comfort of the patient whilst in the department and throughout their examination.
- To liaise with and maintain close working relationships with other disciplines within the Trust and the Directorate.
- To ensure a high quality, patient focussed and professional service is delivered at all times, ensuring the care and comfort of the patient whilst in the department.
- To participate in the radiology shift system in CT and other flexible working commitments. Rotad shifts to cover weekend, bank holidays and nights.
- To undertake any tasks for which a radiographer has been trained although normally performed by support staff, which include practitioner, radiology assistant or clerical duties.
- To undertake radiographic examinations following departmental standards and procedures.
- To ensure all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To maintain professionally high standards in appearance, hygiene, manner, punctuality, attendance and competence in accordance with HCPC and Department standards.
- If successful this vacancy will require a Standard DBS check at a cost of �21.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary
In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- DCR or BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography and HCPC registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Substantial NHS radiographic experience
- Evidence of CT scanning competencies
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Evidence of CTC & interventional CT experience
- Supervisory management of staff
Work related circumstanceEssential
- Good interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Professional attitude to working as part of a caring, multidiscipline team working in a pressurised environment
- Commitment to department and colleagues working as part of a flexible 24/7 shift pattern
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- General Radiography experience and knowledge of current trends and Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Appreciation of the whole Radiology service and its role in the patient pathway
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.