The Health Board wishes to appoint a fixed term Clinical Fellow to join the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) which is the largest Health Board in Wales, until 6TH August 2024
Bangor Hospital is sandwiched between Snowdonia National Park and the stunning coastline of Anglesey. The area is well known for its beautiful beaches, lakes and mountains and is becoming popular for those seeking an outdoor lifestyle. If you like outdoor pursuits, hill-walking, rock-climbing, kite-surfing and sailing, then all of these are on your doorstep, yet we are only a one hour's drive to Chester / M6 and three hours to London by direct train.
This 12 month post (extendable if required) will be available from the 2nd August and is based in a well-supported environment within a friendly rural DGH, covering a rural area the size of Greater London. There are unique challenges in delivering high quality health care to this diverse population and we are seeking a highly motivated team player to come and join a dynamic team of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
This role is ideal for those requiring experience prior to applying for specialist training.
This post contribute to the GIM on-call rota, currently a 1 in 5.5 weekends, attracting a 1b banding ( 40% ) pay supplement.Main duties of the job
This post is for a Clinical Fellow in the Nephrology department at Ysbyty Gwynedd. The appointee will be expected to support the Consultants in the department to provide a full nephrology service.
The successful applicant will join an enthusiastic department displaying a range of skills and services developed in recent years. He/she will be welcomed by those working in the department, with every encouragement to develop their own sub-specialty interests, innovations and research projects. The post-holder will work with the established staff, to establish a pre-eminent service with its own distinctive identity within the Department.
These posts do not have educational approval from the Postgraduate Dean and are not recognised for training but appropriate educational supervision will be provided.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information. These files can be found in the Supporting Documents section.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Desirable Skills and ExperienceEssential
- oFull GMC registration
- MRCP Part 1
- oThe post holder must be a qualified medical practitioner having worked a minimum of 2 years full time postgraduate training after completing Foundation Programme and have the relevant experiences and competencies
- oRelevant and recent experience as a trainee within general internal medicine
- oExperience in Renal Medicine
- oProficient in temporary line insertions
- oSome experience in audit/research
- oKnowledge of non-invasive assessments of blood vessel function
- oGood Leadership skills
- oEnthusiasm and ability to work under pressure, e.g. by prioritising work load and working to deadlines
- oSupportive and tolerant
- oAbility to work flexibly, independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- oGood verbal and written skills
- oCPD up to date
- oEvidence of training of others as part of self-development
- oKeen to provide evidence of competence progression as per specialty curriculum
- oProficient computer skills, including MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- oDriving licence or willingness to use public transport to travel between research sites
- oAble to undertake manual handling tasks.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- oKeen to develop teaching of clinical skills
- oProficient in statistical analysis packages
- Good clinical practice training
- oAwareness of confidentiality and data protection issues
- oWelsh language is desirable but not essential for the post.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.