The post holder will be joining one of the largest and busiest rheumatology teams in the West Midlands, offering adolescent and adult rheumatology services with a wide spectrum of specialist and inter-disciplinary clinics (for early RA, seronegative arthropathy, connective tissue disease, vasculitis, musculoskeletal ultrasound, osteoporosis, scleroderma, renal, respiratory and orthopaedics). The department is staffed by a full multi-disciplinary team of specialist rheumatology nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and a health psychologist. This post includes new and follow up outpatient clinics, ward referrals, departmental meetings and other activities.Main duties of the job Demonstrate interest in the care of patients and the specialty, within the multidisciplinary team set up and an agreed job plan. Respect the opinion of all professionals allied to medicine. Perform their clinical duties with interest and respect to the patients and to permanent staff take a history paying attention to the special requirements of the specialty, examine patients fully and help with their management on a day to day basis by liaising with other staff, updating patients' notes and being aware of any investigation results. Be involved in departmental administration. Help and contribute directly to the research efforts of the department. Support multidisciplinary audit. This job description may be reviewed from time to time in light of developments and may be amended in consultation with the post holder. About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high-quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- A minimum of 12 months UK clinical experience or equivalent
- Able to work at ST3 standard
- Experience in general medicine
- Have an enthusiastic interest in clinical and academic rheumatology
- The applicant must be of good standing and fit to practise medicine safely in accordance with GMC's Good Medical Practice (2013) domains: oKnowledge, skills and performance oSafety and quality oCommunication, partnership and teamwork oMaintaining trust
Communication & Relationship SkillsEssential
- Experience in rheumatology
Analytical & Judgement SkillsEssential
- Demonstrable skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking in English that enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues, as set out in the GMC's Good Medical Practice (2013)
- Has understanding of the importance of communication within a clinical setting
- Capacity to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team. Capacity to establish good working relations with others & values the input of other professionals in the team.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Capacity to think beyond the obvious, with analytical and flexible mind. Capacity to bring a range of approaches to problem solving.
- Demonstrates effective judgement and decision-making skills
- Capacity to operate effectively under pressure & remain objective in highly emotive/pressurised situations. Awareness of own limitations & when to ask for help
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russells Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.