Mental Health Branch
An exciting vacancy has become available on Cwm Seren Low Secure Unit in Carmarthen for a full-time band 5 Staff Nurse.
Cwm Seren Low Secure Unit is a purpose built 18 bedded Low Secure Ward that provides assessment and treatment for adults suffering with enduring and complex mental health problems and covers the catchment area of Hywel Dda.Main duties of the job
Care and Treatment is provided through CTP with an emphasis on recovery, providing hope and optimism for the future, evidenced based interventions and psychological therapies. The team consists of Healthcare Support Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, a Peer Mentor, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Doctors and a Consultant Psychiatrist.
The successful applicant will possess good communication skills, demonstrate a willingness to develop in the staff nurse role and be willing to work flexibly within the team. The successful candidate will have access to regular clinical and managerial supervision.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews will be held on 19/06/23About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
- Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- RMN/ RNMH
- Sound knowledge of clinical issues within area of practice
- Student Nurse Practice supervisor
- Experience of working with people who have long term mental health needs and who present challenging behaviour/ a high risk of violence to others
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and must be willing to undertake identified local courses/ study days and mandatory training
Language skillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have understanding and knowledge of local area and facilities within area that clients may access
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.