Job summaryAre you a Nurse with excellent problem-solving skills, looking for a role as a Community Respiratory Nurse ?
Would you like to work in a friendly community team that revolves around team work and welcomes innovation?
spiratory (CORE) Team is recruiting for an experienced Band 6 Respiratory Nurse to join a community team in Islington and Haringey.
The successful candidate will have community experience, working with patients who suffer from varied respiratory conditions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the award winning integrated
We would welcome applications for this exciting opportunity to join our award winning community respiratory team.
Respiratory experience is essential for the post and acute care experience would be desirable. However training will be given to those willing to learn and develop in the role.Main duties of the job
Duties will include:
- Supporting patients with for respiratory conditions
- Independently managing own caseload of complex patients
- Working closely with GP's and secondary care
- Supporting Pulmonary Rehabilitation classes
- Carrying out assessments of patient progress
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trustbelieves that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work independently as a respiratory nurse specialist practising holistic evidence-based, guideline management strategies
- To participate respiratory training session from GP's, nurses and allied health professionals as requested.
- To contribute to measuring the effectiveness and productivity of respiratory/COPD disease management
For further details / informal visits contact:Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Relevant first degree level or working towards qualification
- Previous education or equivalent in respiratory management
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Specialist Practitioner qualification or other relevant post graduate qualification
- Respiratory qualification
- Smoking Cessation trained
- Ability to case manage patients a group of patients independently
- Understanding of team working, development and leadership
- Commitment to the delivery of and development of integrated ways of working
- Good understanding of Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to a learning team
- Proven ability to work autonomously
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Commitment to working with students
- Experience of working with people living with disabling and/or frightening breathlessness
- Understanding of Clinical Governance
- Working knowledge of common co-morbidities
- Understanding of Primary Care and Community Care
- Experience working with people with Respiratory Conditions including severe disease causing respiratory failure
- Able to demonstrate experience of clinical audit and/ or quality improvement, critical appraisal and evaluation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.