\At East SussexHealthcare NHS TrustCardiologyServiceswe want our staff to wake upinspired to come to work, valued whenat workand fulfilled whenleavingat the end of the day.
Come and join us on an exciting journey of modern development, enthusiastically embracing physiology-led services, facing challenges with originality and building a team that's committed to supporting you and your career.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org a chat about how we can help you find the job and career progression you have been looking for.#FindYourAdventureMain duties of the job
We are looking for a Head of Education and Training for our Cardiac physiology team. You will be responsible for developing, delivering and co-ordinating training to the entire team of Physiologists from band 2 to band 8b across our acute Trust and community sites. You can come from an Echo, non-invasive or invasive background but will have a proven track record training individuals and managing teams. You can also maintain a clinical commitment.
Co-ordinate training for the cardiac physiology team, planning training time and resources to meet department needs.
Devise and deliver bespoke training plans for junior physiologists and physiology associates.
Liaise with University and third party education providers to ensure the department is compliant with training standards.
Ensure students on training programs are compliant with course work and competencies.
Assist the department leads with quality assurance programs.
Represent the department at regional and national education meetings, presenting research and audit data.
Maintain clinical activity relevant to your background and experience.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent (eg.HTEC in MPPM plus specialist courses).
- BSE adult echocardiography accreditation
- Voluntary registration with RCCP
- Post graduate training in relevant specialist field
- Management qualification or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Evidence of continued professional development to Masters level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- BPEG, IBHRE or HRUK accreditation
- MSc in Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- ILS certificate
- BPEG or IBHRE exam or HRUK
- BSE level 1 accreditation
- Experienced in Cardiac Catheterisation / IABP
- Experience in EPS and ablation
- Experienced in Devices, Pacemaker and ICD implant and follow up
- Experience in providing training to staff of other disciplines.
- Experience in performing and reporting adult transthoracic echocardiography independently
- Experience in assisting at transoesophageal and stress echocardiography
- Experienced in performing Exercise Stress Tests, Holter monitoring and analysis
- Experience of supervision and training of junior staff
- Experience in developing and delivering department level training programmes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.