Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust hosts the Regional Pharmacy Procurement Service which delivers contracts, financial and efficiency savings and additional benefits to NHS organisations across the Southeast of England.
We have an opportunity for an exceptional Regional Homecare Medicines Specialist to head up the homecare and contracting strategy across the Southeast region. The successful candidate will be a pharmacy professional with a proven track record of delivering NHS tenders and contracts for a variety of pharmacy related services. The postholder will also have extension knowledge of homecare medicines services ether at Trust or regional level.
The role will manage the regional Senior Business Support Officer and will work closely with the Berkshire Healthcare NHS FT Procurement Team.
The ideal candidate must be able to successfully manage ever changing and competing priorities as well as a high workload whilst being able to work accurately to tight deadlines and prioritise project activities.Main duties of the job
The post holder is expected to provide expert leadership for homecare medicines services at local, regional and national level. Homecare medicine services is a highly specialist sector of NHS healthcare so the postholder will have exceptional knowledge of the homecare market within England. The post holder will also oversee the contracting and contract management of other pharmacy related products and services. By respecting and using effective and compliant procurement practices, the post holder will support performance improvement and maximise patient safety associated with the use of homecare medicine services and other pharmacy products and services.
The purpose of the post is to set up and manage highly complex contracts for homecare medicine services and associated care to over 90,000 patients with a regional spend of > 600 million as well as oversee the set up and management of other pharmacy product and service contracts such as Medical Gases, dose banded chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition.About us
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance, and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers.
For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow. Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.
The Trust may close any vacancy prior to the advertised closing date due to the high level of responses we receive for some of our vacancies.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply CIPs Qualification or extensive experience of pharmacy procurement
- Lean training - yellow belt
- Post graduate Clinical Diploma or equivalent clinical experience
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) demonstrating ongoing CPD records and extensive personal and professional development
- Completion of RPS Handbook Appendix 19 training
- Extensive experience of Pharmacy Procurement and/or Homecare Medicines Services at NHS local or regional level
- Extensive experience of pharmacy contract implementation and management
- Experience of effective partnership working with NHS and non NHS stakeholders
- Experience of developing and maintaining a safety culture
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Delivery of training materials as a conference speaker or presentations at training events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of homecare medicines services or pharmacy procurement (or both)
- Successful experience in a managerial role
- Advanced IT skills (Excel)
- Advanced analytical skills and numerical competence
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Value openness and integrity and creates a culture that reflects this
- Demonstrates determination, perseverance and resilience
- Commitment to excellence in procurement and homecare medicines services
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
West Berkshire Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.