An opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner to join the Home Based Treatment Team in Bolton. Home Based Treatment Team provides an ageless service to people who live in the Bolton Area. We provide an alternative to inpatient admission and support people with severe and acute mental health problems in their homes; whilst undergoing intensive treatment for their mental health needs.Main duties of the job
Candidates will be expected to work as a keyworker providing assessments and inform treatment plans for those people under the care of the Home Based Treatment Team. You will also act as a \Gatekeeper where you will review requests for acute and urgent care, devising appropriate care pathways. You will be a good communicator and self-motivator who delivers high quality care. You will be expected to carry out in depth assessments in the community and at Royal Bolton Hospital and you will be expected to contribute an MDT formulation and care planning for service users.
We have a culture within the service of staff development and progression.We strive to be a supportive team, that is dynamic, progressive and ever evolving to ensure the care we deliver is to the highest standard.
The HBT operates over a 24hr 7 day a week period therefore night working / rota system is in required.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over 6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than 160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford, Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Education and Mentorship Module ( or willingness to undertake)
- Professional nursing qualification
- Experience of working within a multi disciplinary team.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a range of providers including GP's
- Holds a driving licence
- Good Knowledge and application of Risk Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Clinical and Social care Governance standards.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.