This is a fulltime permanent consultant psychiatrist post within the Northumberland and North Tyneside CRHT. It is a post which offers variety and clinical challenge, working with a highly skilled and experienced multi- disciplinary team who are known for their friendly and supportive approach. In addition to clinical work the postholder will be encouraged to take their full entitlement of supporting professional activity to develop their areas of interest and further their CV.
Northumberland and North Tyneside are beautiful parts of the country with affordable housing and lifestyle benefits. There are also excellent schools in the area.
When you work for CNTW, you will work for a Trust that has been rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC and is ranked 1st nationally in GMC trainer survey for the support provides to trainers. You will make a difference in changing people's lives. You will join a medical workforce that is passionate about providing care and receive superb training and development opportunities and excellent staff benefits.Main duties of the job
The post holder will join the daily MDT meeting on their clinical days and be involved in clinical discussions and debate about the most appropriate and person-centered approach to take to the referrals that have been made to the team over the previous day. The rest of the day will then be spent assessing and reviewing the patients most relevant to them, either individually or with other members of the team. They will be expected to provide consultation to other members of the team throughout the day as appropriate. Mental health act assessments when needed will be a key part of the post holder's role.
The post holder will play a senior role in the team and be involved in team development in all its facets.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic doctor who is flexible, a keen team player and who values the views of and enjoys working with both medical and non - medical colleagues.About usWhy us?
- Up to �8k relocation package
- 30 days study leave (every 3 years) with a generous study leave allowance
- Flexible working opportunities created with you involved in your job plan
- Remote working available as suits service needs
- Dedicated and protected SPA time
- Focus on creating a healthy workforce by investing heavily in health and wellbeing accessible support including emotional, physical, social, psychological financial and career well being
- Teaching and research opportunities available
- Stimulating CPD sessions and programs including mentoring, medical leadership, and coaching
- Teaching opportunities in our brand-new state of the art Medical Education Centre
- Employee Excellence awards
- Plus, lots more employee benefits including discounts. Find out more at thriveatcntw.co.uk
As an added bonus, the Trust is located in the Northeast of England and Cumbria which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks, ancient heritage sites and major cities supported by excellent national and international transport links. The area is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District National Park which is considered one of England's finest areas of natural beauty.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for main duties and responsibilities. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Registration with the GMC
- CCT in Psychiatry or a trainee within six months of CCT
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Demonstrable special interest & experience in Working Age Adults' Psychiatry
- Interest/experience in patient safety and quality improvement, research, teaching
- Up-to-date knowledge in the field of psychiatry
- Awareness of current issues and challenges in service provision, mental health policy and legislation
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- An area of special interest relevant to the post as demonstrated by publications or presentations to learned societies
- Experience in multi-agency work especially with service user, carer and voluntary agencies
- Experience in service management or development
- High level of clinical skills relating to diagnosis/management of mental health conditions
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven competence in development of biopsychosocial formulations for complex patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Established record of clinical leadership
- Established ability as a clinical teacher
- Training in specific and relevant treatment skills e.g. a brief form of psychological therapy
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.