This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about delivering rehabilitation to trauma and orthopaedic patients both within the acute and the community setting. The post holder will work closely alongside the inpatient trauma & orthopaedic service primarily based at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
We pride ourselves on integrated team working and strive for best clinical practice. The post holder will have the opportunity to enhance their trauma and Orthopaedic assessment and rehabilitation skills with support from the band 7s within the Early supported discharge orthopaedic service ( ESDOS )and Trauma and orthopaedic service. We strongly encourage an evidenced based approach and support staff through supervision and appraisal. There is a strong emphasis on student education. Attendance at post graduate courses is also supported.
Candidates will be expected to join and partake in emergency on call rota and weekend working rotas, therefore previous experience of working within a respiratory or intensive care field is essential.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- To perform assessment and treatment for patients with complex needs, and to provide advice, guidance and information to health and social care professionals, carers and relatives and other non-professionals.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To participate in continuing professional and service development, and contribute to organisational objectives.
- To use specific palpatory and manual dexterity skills to make an accurate clinical diagnosis.
- To use knowledge to formulate problem lists and decide subsequent treatments, goal plans and selection of outcome measures.
- To determine the most appropriate setting for assessment and or treatment e.g. department, ward, gym, clinic, community.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Main advert details (continued) What do we stand for?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name
Laura Friedel and Cameron Orr Job title
Team leads for ESDOS & Trauma & Orthopaedics Telephone number
01296 -315099Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Physiotherapy qualification/Equivalent degree
- Evidence of CPD in the form of a detailed personal development portfolio
- Current registration with Health Professions Council
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- 18 months experience in a Junior rotational Physiotherapy post
- Previous experience in core physiotherapy specialties including acute in patient care, respiratory, Musculoskeletal and neurology
- Previous experience in physiotherapy specialties including Neurology and Rehabilitation
- Attendance at post graduate courses in related fields and demonstrates reflective learning
- Ability to work and interact effectively within an interdisciplinary team and contribute to decision making
- Able to apply a range and depth of knowledge to the specialist clinical area of post
- knowledge/experience and utilize advanced clinical reasoning skills
- Able to carry out manual therapy techniques and therapeutic handling, requiring skillful and strenuous physical effort during the day
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.