Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust welcomes applicants to apply for the role of Service Support Manager within the ENT and Oral Surgery Department.
This role will be focused on the delivery of Imperial ENT's elective inpatient services and day to day management of the RTT PTL for the ENT and Oral Surgery services. The post holder will be responsible for coordinating Imperial ENT theatre lists at ICHT and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside consultants, junior doctors, nurses, pathway coordinators and operational managers to ensure that the service delivers safe and effective care to our patients.
We are looking for someone with operational management experience as well as experience of process improvement and with a high level of attention to detail. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills who and has the ability to work well as part of a large multidisciplinary team. The post will be of interest to those who wish to pursue a career in hospital management and would like to gain more experience in a busy service with a wide variety of challenges.
The ENT department is the regional head and neck cancer centre, the regional thyroid cancer centre, the supra-regional skull base surgery centre and the national centre for adult airway reconstruction and is the largest in Europe. As a result, patients are referred from all over the UK and other countries worldwide.Main duties of the job
- To co-ordinate operating surgeon cover and maximise the utilisation of ENT theatre lists
- To develop the process to ensure that patients are booked in line with clinical priority and national access targets including CWT, RTT and DM01
- To ensure that the service is able to meet reporting requirements for specialized inpatient activity
- To ensure quality and customer care standards are met consistently as well as responding to patient concerns and complaints.
- To closely monitor the inpatient waiting list to identify fluctuations in demand and ensuring that lists are allocated to the appropriate sub-specialty to provide capacity to meet changes in demand.
- Day to day management of the RTT PTL for the service.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesEssential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent training and/or experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to identify areas for improvement and implement processes as appropriate
- Knowledge of administration procedures and computerised software
- Positive and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Operational experience in a managerial role
- Staff management including objective setting and appraisal, performance review & people development
- Proven ability in managing people, process, quality and productivity
- Track record of influencing and engaging staff
- Experience of NHS access targets
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Experience of effective change management
- Experience of working within a surgical specialty
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Charing Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.