Do you want to be part of a busy, dynamic team of communicators?
We are looking for someone to take up a Business Administration Apprenticeship within the Communications and Engagement team at Cornwall Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and be part of a busy team working across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
You will gain valuable administration skills while working in the NHS. This opportunity will be suitable if you have a desire to learn and develop your administration skills while gaining a level 3 apprenticeship. Proposed Interview Date: 5th July 2023Main duties of the job
To assist the head of communications with effective and efficient administration support, ensuring that a high-quality service is always delivered.About us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation, qualifications and experienceEssential
- Good basic education, including maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grades A to C
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the use of email and internet
Knowledge and abilityEssential
- Computer literate to ECDL standard or equivalent
- Ability to adapt to new work settings quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy and numeracy
- Knowledge and experience of using bespoke systems and electronic diary management
- Excellent telephone manner with strong message taking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Approachable, motivated, adaptable, and flexible
- Ability to travel independently where and when required
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.