We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our supportive and friendly Outpatients team as the Outpatient Access Service Manager. To be successful in this role, you will have to be organised, resilient, result driven and a self-starter. Awareness of NHS systems would be an advantage.Main duties of the job
- To support the Business Manager for Outpatient Access in delivering an efficient and effective Outpatient Access Service.
- To ensure the departments processes align with and support the achievement of Trust targets (RTT, 18 Weeks, and Cancer Targets).
- Provide expert advice and guidance to clinical divisions that manage their own Outpatient Access service.
- To support the Patient Service Centre in delivering an efficient and effective Outpatient Access Service.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level OR extensive operational experience
- Evidence of personal development
- Experience of managing patient booking systems and processes
- Experience/understanding of the following areas: health and safety, risk management, modernisation and clinical governance
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the NHS, including pan London developments and initiatives
- An understanding of local and national health policy and its implications within the NHS.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Proven excellent organisation, administrative and management skills
- IT skills inc PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Charing Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.