Salary: �22,477-28,407 whilst training (Please read the Trainee Progression document)
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest, background or qualification in IT, to join us as a Trainee Internal Auditor (IT Specialist). You will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of an organisation that values its team members, is committed to sustainable and ethical business practices and provides an award-winning service to NHS clients.
We are looking for talented individuals with strong communication skills, the ability to deliver quality services to our clients and who are comfortable working on their own initiative but also as part of a wider team.
You will be joining an award winning, innovative, and inclusive team that encourages listening, understanding and respect and are passionate about providing quality services to the NHS.
We offer:o Remote working (with visits to client sites as required) - Your base will either be York or Wakefield o Excellent, flexible working conditionso Additional benefits eg. generous annual leave pension scheme NHS discountso Complex, varied, and meaningful assignmentso Continuous professional developmento Long-term career opportunityo A friendly and supportive working environment
Note: To qualify for funding, the candidate needs to have been ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years. Further details can be found on the Department for Education website.Main duties of the job
We are an NHS shared services consortium with a reputation for providing high quality and innovative assurance, advisory and continuous improvement services to primarily NHS clients (www.audityorkshire.nhs.uk).
We use our extensive knowledge and experience to provide an innovative and cost-effective service to clients that is adaptive to the many challenges and changes they face. We aim to be a catalyst for a good corporate governance culture.
As a Trainee Internal Auditor (IT Specialist) you will be given support to undertake high quality risk-based audits, in a manner which reflects professional and internal standards. You will focus in particular on the delivery of IT assurance audits, and provide advice and support on IT related risks, governance and control.
Your success in this role will be determined by your ability to:
- develop and maintain professional, positive, and constructive working relationships at all levels in client organisations and with colleagues
- prioritise and manage your own workload to deliver high quality audits on time and to budget
- monitor and communicate progress against plans and to demonstrate flexibility in project completion
- handle confidential/ complex/ contentious information with professionalism and integrity
- achieve a professional qualification to a masters level
On completion of your apprenticeship, there will be further opportunities to study for professional qualifications relating to IT auditing if these have not already been obtained.About us
We value independence with integrity, customer satisfaction and excellence. These values support our mission to enhance and protect the organisational value of our clients, by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
Corporate social responsibility is important to Audit Yorkshire, and we are committed to ensuring we have both ethical and sustainable business practises. We encourage our team members to be actively involved in CSR projects and offer dedicated time for this. Our Corporate Social Responsibility statement and further information can be found here: www.audityorkshire.nhs.uk
As we are hosted by York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we can offer a range of benefits, including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- English and Maths GCSE C or above (or equivalent)
- General Education First Degree or Equivalent
- Basic understanding of auditing and risk management principles
- Basic understanding of the NHS and the current risks/issues it's facing
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to enable routine audit and clinical issues to be explained to a range of NHS staff, often at a senior level.
- Ability to write clear and factual written reports
- Must have analytical skills and have the ability to collate and analyse data from various sources
- Prioritising and organisational skills in order to ensure completion of audits to budget and timescale and completion of audits to the necessary quality standards.
- Needs the ability to work co-operatively within a team, and is expected to contribute to group discussions aimed at identifying solutions to problems.
- Needs to be responsive to customers, and to understand their needs and concerns beyond those directly expressed
- Must have a good level of numeracy, keyboard skills to an advanced level
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
York or Wakefield
York or Wakefield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.