We are looking for a highly motivated, efficient and personable Executive Assistant to support our Executive Directors. You will work as part of a small team that provides support to the Trust's Executive Management Team, and will be required to work closely with them to ensure a professional, comprehensive support service.
Required to work to a very high standard of accuracy, you will have excellent organisational skills and be able to demonstrate initiative in planning your own workload in a way that supports the Executive Directors.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced PA/EA who can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills together with a 'can do' flexible attitude. The ability to prioritise workload and work on your own initiative is essential, as is a professional and friendly outlook.
Proven diary management skills, minute taking experience and excellent Microsoft Office skills are required. Discretion and diplomacy are essential. Only those with the above qualities and relevant experience will be considered.Main duties of the job
Develop a thorough understanding of the Executive Team's priorities, ways of working and how this fits into the overarching Trust Strategy, representing these effectively to stakeholders.
Maintain oversight of the Executive Directors' workload and diary, ensuring the best use of their time and resolving issues independently.
Manage the Executive Director's inbox to prioritise work - highlighting issues that need immediate attention, responding to requests, consulting and advising as well as delegating to other staff as appropriate.
Creating and maintaining project and action trackers, updating Executive Directors on progress against key projects and driving these forward with the relevant teams.
Work collaboratively to establish and maintain good working relationships across the Trust and with key external stakeholders.
Prepare background research, briefings, presentations and documents as required for Executive-level meetings. About us
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust is a medium sized District General Hospital based in Edmonton in Enfield, North London. We serve a diverse multicultural population largely from the London boroughs of Enfield and Haringey. Many of our patients live in wards that are within the 5% most deprived in the UK and a large proportion of our patients were born abroad. This makes it both a fascinating and a challenging hospital to work in.
Over the last decade we have rebuilt almost all of the hospital and now have facilities that we are proud to work in. We employ over 3,500 staff, more than half of whom live locally. We encourage apprenticeships from the local community and work closely with our local Health Watch.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Liaising with high level Executives and their Assistants
Handling a high volume of calls from Patients and colleagues as well answering the door to the floor. Reception duties including greeting/welcoming visitors and refreshments.
Booking travel arrangements including flights, hotels, producing travel itineraries
Preparing, proof reading, editing and formatting proposals, reports, PowerPoint presentations, edit Decks and general correspondence
Management of MR4 and MR10 booking request
Handling confidential information with discretion, dictation of letters, assisting complaints process.
Meeting Minutes, agenda, papers organisation for supporting Exec led meetings. Printing, uploading papers ahead of meetings.
Organising catering, gifts and flowers for exec led events and meetings
IT organisation for meetings and IT support for execs. Requesting IT equipment and repairs.
Confidentially organising hearings, interview panels, stakeholder groups etc.
Post/mail management and filtering.
Reporting maintenance and cleaning issues on the exec floor
Liaising with comms around community and external visits including staff wellbeing incentives and events.
Minute taking and action tracking as required.
Participate in project and events management as required.
Support personnel management including recording sickness/annual leave, recruitment and on-boarding of direct reports and highlighting any issues arising.
Provide effective cover for other Executive Assistants to support sickness, annual leave and other absence.
Line management of Band 4
We should add PECOS, invoicing, PO's, Receipting, Expense Claims etc.
Extensive diary management, including arranging internal and external meetings and MS Teams callsPerson SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Degree level education and/or extensive relevant professional experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to see the bigger picture and plan ahead, anticipating future requirements.
- The ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and judgement in resolving conflicting priorities.
- Able to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident and competent use of office equipment and IT programs.
- Confident in managing conflicting priorities and to tight deadlines.
- Able to retain accuracy and quality in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Relevant work experience in a business support or Executive Assistant role
- Experience of managing Executive level meetings.
- Knowledge of the NHS and Trust strategies and priorities.
- Experience in project management and/or events support
- A confident and effective communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a calm and organised manner.
- Works well as part of a team and supports others.
- Demonstrable ability to meet Trust values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appreciation of the need for confidentiality and discretion
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Trust Headquarters, North Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.