This job has expired

Fellow in Medical Education

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
£51,017 a year per annum
Closing date
1 Jun 2023

View more

Job summary

This post is offered as a Fellowship in Medical Education for the period of 12 months. The post is divided into 2 parts . 40 % of the time the post holder will be expected to focus on education work , developing programmes and delivering teaching. The remaining 60 % of the time the post holder is required to work delivering clinical care.

Main duties of the job

The post holder will work with and support the community paediatric teams in delivering weekly undergraduate teaching.

Support the community simulation training as part of the wider team .

Lead and co-ordinate reginal teaching opportunities with the support of the wider team.

Participation in assessment and management of children referred to the specialist clinics e.g. Down's, Enuresis, Social communication, Developmental Coordination Disorder clinics depending on the needs of services.

About us

Evelina London brings together Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust's services for children, with the Evelina London Children's Hospital at the heart of these. Evelina London Children's Healthcare operates as a distinct entity (a Strategic Business Unit).

Evelina London also provides a local child health service for the 120,000 children of Lambeth & Southwark. Evelina London is unique in the UK as a provider or community, secondary and tertiary level care to children collocated with maternity, foetal and adult services.

Job description

Job responsibilities

Develop and contribute to Evelina London undergraduate medical education. Contribute to Community multi-professional simulation training. Develop and contribute to post-graduate multi-professional education within Evelina London Childrens Community Services.

Developmental assessment of children referred with developmental concerns. Responsibility for a caseload of children referred to the specialist child health services for assessment and review and management of children with Neurodisability and other chronic health needs.

Person Specification



  • Eligible for full UK GMC registration and hold a Licence to Practise at the intended start date. MRCPCH
  • Informal teaching experience


  • Experience of working with vulnerable and families and children in challenging situations, such as the need to challenge parental behaviours or beliefs

Clincial expereince / Knowledge


  • Knowledge of basic educational principles and their application within clinical settings.
  • Clinical judgment: experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Know when to seek help, able to priorities clinical need
  • Training and experience in the identification and management of suspected child abuse, preferably level 3


  • 6 months' community paediatric experience

Personal Skills


  • Capacity to communicate effectively and convey complex information in an accessible manner to both professionals, children and their families; ability to build rapport, listen, persuade/ negotiate.
  • Demonstrates initiative and resilience to cope with changing circumstances
  • Demonstrates an analytical approach to practice
  • Ability to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting demands and to achieve a balance between urgent and important demands

Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.


Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert