We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated HR Advisor to join our HR Business Partnering and Advice team. This is an exciting time to join us as we develop our HR advisory provision, to enable innovative HR support and advice and a high quality service to the Trust.
Responsible to the HR Business Partner and working closely with the Senior HR Advisor and wider HR colleagues, this pivotal role will see the successful delivery of a comprehensive, professional and high-quality HR support to their nominated directorates/corporate areas.
Key areas of activity will include coaching and supporting managers in relation to employee relations and people management matters, terms and conditions of employment and the application of Trust policies and procedures. You will also actively contribute to the achievement of HR business plans across your nominated directorates and across the Trust.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have previous experience of working in a Human Resources Department. You will have demonstrable experience of supporting managers with employee relations matters, understanding of employment law and its application as well as excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
In return you will be given the opportunity to provide a real difference to the directorates that you support and the staff that you interact with. You will be joining a forward-thinking Business Partnering and advice team where you will rapidly gain extensive experience in case management, consultations, improvement projects and training delivery.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore if you are interested please submit your application as early as possible. About us
GOSH is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from bias and discrimination.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture where all staff are valued, respected and acknowledged. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability status or length of time spent unemployed.
We particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, people with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions and LGBT+ community members.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, a member of Business Disability Forum and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
We have active and Executive supported BAME, LGBT+ and Allies, Disability and Long-Term Health Conditions and Women's staff networks. Staff networks are employee-led groups formed around interests, issues and a common bond or background. Staff network members create a positive and inclusive work environment at Great Ormond Street Hospital by actively contributing to the Trust's mission, values and efforts specific to inclusion. All of our staff networks are open to any employee.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Degree Level or equivalent
- CIPD member or working towards
- Evidence of and commitment to continued professional development
- Track record of providing HR advice to services and managers in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience in the public sector in a large complex organisation with union recognition
- Generalist HR experience demonstrating competence across the range of HR functions
- Experience in change leadership creating meaning, innovation, transformation and problem solving
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Current knowledge of employment legislation, case law and good HR practice
- Expert knowledge of key current issues in human resources and the ability to interpret and apply the knowledge to the Trust workforce strategy
- Leadership - fostering powerful and productive working relationships internally and externally
- Able to influence and negotiate and persuade regarding complex or sensitive issues
- Able to deliver messages effectively at all levels. Must be able to make an impact at all levels within the organisation to motivate and enthuse others of the need for change
- Ability to work with unpredictable situations and under pressure and to tight deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Proven effective problem solving ability
- Able to input and manipulate data Ability to use Microsoft Office to an intermediate level
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Ormond Streeet
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.