We are looking for a new IT Systems Administration Specialist to join our Digital Applications & Development team here at Bedfordshire Hospitals.
As part of our continuation and growth as a directorate we are looking for experienced System Administrators who are able to demonstrate strong technical, analytical and communication skills to contribute to deploying new systems and modules, enhancing & improving existing functionality and resolving complex issues with functionality and processes.Main duties of the jobThe role
From managing serious IT issues to the support and technical input of projects, you'll not only help us to deliver effect IT support, you'll provide a key role in the improvement and delivery of our support services too. You will be expected to handle and own the most complex IT issues working with both internal and external parties including IT suppliers. About you
We're looking for someone with strong technical organisational and communication skills, as well as excellent attention to detail. You'll have experience of IT within Healthcare or in a large IT department with a large system portfolio, ideally in mid-level (2nd line) role or above. This is a very team-focused environment, so you'll need to be adaptable and enjoy team work too. High levels of personal resilience is a must as this is a very fast paced and at times challenging environment. Any experience of team leadership/supervision is extremely advantageous.About us
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A&E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarise yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe full Job Description and Person Specification are attached to this job. Please review for the full details and responsibilities.
The System Administration Specialist is a key member of the application team, the post will be responsible for the maintenance of the Trusts application suite and systems, ensuring continuity of service and resolution of ongoing operational issues. The post is a lead technical role in a team of specialist application staff, and acts as a point of escalation for the Applications Team or the wider IT Department. The System Administration Specialist is responsible for ensuring Incidents and service requests are managed effectively and in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The post is a subject matter expert for clinical and non-clinical applications, minimising the service impact of any issues, changes or problems associated with the Trusts application suite. The role incorporates customer care, vendor or relationship management, operations and communications co-ordination. Responsibilities include: -
- Maintain specific, in depth knowledge of the Applications supported by the applications team,
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current working practices within Wards and Departments across the Trust and Primary Care where appropriate,
- Utilise expert knowledge to resolve a range of varied, complex technical issues and explain complex situations in simple terms to staff at all levels,
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for routine activities, ensuring all systems administrators adopt standard working practices, and provide procedures for the technical teams to enable them to undertake repeatable, low risk operational tasks,
- Establish procedures for the routine support or maintenance of applications and databases, ensuring systems health and performance is monitored or maintained to an optimal level,
- Work with the Applications Lead and IT Application Team Manager to review the quality of Applications support and focus on continual service improvement.
The post holder is also responsible for working closely with the project teams, ensuring system upgrades or new application implementations are planned or executed safely and effectively. This involves working as part of a team or on an individual basis with application vendors, internal or external stakeholders and other technical experts, ensuring assigned project tasks are completed within project tolerances.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of working in a large organisation
- Experience of working and liaising with Third Party Suppliers
- Experience of working with a range of staffing groups including clinicians, nursing and managers
- Experience of working within an NHS IT Department environment.
- Knowledge & Experience working in an ITIL environment
- Knowledge & Experience working in an PRINCE 2 environment
- IT Degree related qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to embrace and drive change
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and that of others and adjust plans as required both in the short and long term
- Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.