To work as part of the Multi-professional team providing a high standard of antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal midwifery care to women and their families within the integrated maternity service.
To be part of the Bank Midwife team supporting excellence in midwifery care.Main duties of the job
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust became a new enlarged organisation on 1 July 2014. We now consist of the Royal Free Hospital, Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital. We are offering exciting opportunities for newly qualified and experienced midwives to join our team as a bank midwife. We provide maternity services across a large part of North and Central London. We also have services based across the community. Joining together has meant that we have been able to expand in many areas of midwifery. This includes having 3 consultant midwives, midwifery teams leading on complex psychosocial care; we have two alongside Birth Centres and one stand-alone at the Edgware Birth Centre. Our midwives are based either within the cross-site community teams, at the Royal Free Hospital or at the Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital and Edgware.About us
The post holder will offer World Class Care to service users, staff, colleagues, clients and patients alike so that everyone at the Royal Free can feel:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Welcome all of the time
- Confident because we are clearly Communicating
- Respected and cared for
- Reassured that they are always in safe hands
To work as part of the Multi-professional team providing a high standard ofantenatal, intrapartum and postnatal midwifery care to women and their families within the integrated maternity service. To rotate within all clinical areas within maternity services to support professional development and maintain safe standards of midwifery care in line with service provision.
- Provide a high standard of midwifery care to mothers and babies during the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal period.
- Take autonomous clinical decisions in an emergency to ensure safe outcomes for mother and baby
- Able to work as an autonomous practitioner in all aspects of midwifery practice
Education & QualificationsEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- NMC Part 10 register or equivalent
- Experience (placement or post grad) within both the wards and delivery suite areas
- Evidence of professional updating
- Academic and/or professional/vocational training and development
- Minimum introduction to IV cannulations, suturing, scrubbing in theatre, epidural top ups, resuscitation of new born
- Previous experience working as a midwife/Band 5 grade nurse.
- Working in an environment where 'normality in midwifery' is the main focus (MLC) unit.
- Previous experience working in a community setting.
- Ability to evaluate midwifery care.
- Ability to relate NMC Midwives Rules, Code of Practice, The Scope of Professional Practice, Standards for the Administration of Medicines
- Able to use appropriate language according to circumstances
- Legible, literate, grammatically ccurate
- Able to work well within a team.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to manage junior staff
- Have knowledge of the Public Health Agenda
- Ability to educate parents and students
- Ability to undertake all midwifery duties within the relevant clinical area.
- IT literate
- knowledge of Clinical Governance
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- Knowledge of current NSF framework/healthy hospitals initiative
- Ability to adapt to new working practices
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with difficult people
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working within the Unit.
- Flexible working hours
- Able to meet the practical requirements of the post. i.e. cross site shift patterns
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.