This is an excellent opportunity to work in a forward-thinking Directorate delivering a role that offers very diverse requirements across a varied portfolio.
Working in a team, you will be supporting the Capital Services Manager in providing management and leadership to the team of professionals in the delivery of block, minor capital programme, delegated schemes, including the associated capital expenditure, planning issues, design service, project management and the commissioning of consultant advice to the Trust stakeholders.
Operating in policy guidelines and in accordance with standing financial orders and instructions.Main duties of the job
The role will involve the management and delivery of:
- Day to day operational arrangements relating to capital services including advice, design, project management from inception to completion, line management of project officers within the team.
- Significant liaison with Trust staff, Departmental Managers and individuals from external NHS, Local Government and Private Sector agencies.
- Project managing specific projects across sites within the Trust providing support to management, facilitating and monitoring the progress of each project with the Directorate representatives and working closely with the other corporate departments to facilitate a smooth project delivery.
- Resolving minor problems independently and act as the first point of contact for enquiries from end users in the absence of the other Senior Managers
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference? Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will have:
- A relevant Degree and/or Chartered status in building, or HND/C in a building discipline with relevant construction project management experience and/or a relevant degree with experience in construction project management
- Knowledge of surveying, construction project management and capital expenditure within the NHS or similar environments.
- Knowledge of Capital Work practices, procedures and principles.
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Skills and ability to think creatively with positive and enabling attitude
- Experience in operating and using Microsoft packages, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point etc. is essential.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD
- Car driver is essential due to the extensive area of the Estate covered. There is an expectation that this post may travel anywhere within the Trust wide boundary
In return we offer a competitive salary an NHS pension, a great opportunity to develop and gain further experience and 27 days leavePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HNC level in building /engineering/project management or HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Educated to degree level in building /engineering/project management with relevant experience
- Registered or working towards membership of a professional body, e.g. Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Engineer, Chartered Institute of Building, etc.
- Experience in construction or engineering project management
- Managing multiple construction projects concurrently
- Experience of inter-professional, interagency and cross boundary working with external organisations
- Understanding of construction contracts including JCT suite
- Construction and or building services project management
- Health and safety, risk management and legislation appertaining to construction
- Computer applications
- Understanding of construction contracts including NEC suite
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to analyse complex information and place same in an operational context
- In-depth knowledge of numerical and analytical skills including analysis of data for national returns and KPIs
- Positive, enabling attitude combined with good influencing and negotiation skills at all levels
- Ability to cope with pressures, demands and ambiguities whilst striving to achieve results
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across a range of services within a Capital Services team
- Ability to function in a political, complex environment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.