Bank Staff Nurses/LD/Mental Health/CAMHS & Senior MH Practitioners
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- £32,934 to £40,588 a year Band 5 / Band 6 bank salaries displayed
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Nurse, Mental health, Mental health nurse, CAMHS nurse
- Band 5
- Part Time
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to those with mental health problems enjoy a better future?
- Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day?
We are currently recruiting to our internal bank 'DPT Staffing Solutions' for qualified staff to work in our inpatient and community settings across the county.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to peoples lives from the moment you start.
We have both Band 5 and Band 6 posts available.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, commitment to working flexibly, participating in the internal 24 hours, 7 day a week rota to meet the needs of people who use our services and to be able to demonstrate effective working in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health & learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery.
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Please refer to the job descriptions attached to this advert
1 - Inpatient Staff Nurse
2 - Community Mental Health Practitioner
3 - Community Senior Mental Health Practitioner
- A professional mental health qualification RMN, Social Work Degree or equivalent, BSc/Diploma in OT, SROT
- Professional Registration with relevant body: EG RMN/ Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with current registration. Social Worker England or HCPC
- A willingness to complete Trust Mandatory Courses (will be required to complete and undertake relevant Physical Interventions training with adjustments considered if required)
- FOR BAND 6 ROLES:
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, ENB 811/812 or Community Nursing Degree
- Non-Medical Prescriber and/or another recognised therapy qualification
- Post graduate qualification relevant to specialism
- Clinical Supervision qualification
- Training to level 3 in Safeguarding Adults and children and young people: roles and competencies for Health Care staff
- Experience of Adult and / or Older Persons mental health nursing and the nursing process
- BAND 6
- Substantial experience of managing an extensive and complex caseload of clients with a range of complex mental health presentations.
- Working within a community mental health setting in either the statutory or voluntary sector.
- Experience of working with people with a diagnosis of dementia
- BAND 6:
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment.
- Participation in user involvement in services.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users, carers and other professional bodies.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to engage in and lead (when required) MDT meetings
- Ability to assess situations, make decisions, co-ordinate and organise appropriate responses.
- Have an awareness and ability to maintain personal boundaries.
- Able to risk assess
- To be able to plan and implement all aspects of nursing skills.
- To demonstrate effective leadership skills, promote effective role model across the ward environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Work as an effective role model.
- Promote effective service delivery and future changes in a positive way
- Willingness to develop self
- Knowledge of ordering, storing and administering required medications
- Knowledge of possible side effects of medication
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1987 (including updates)
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Knowledge of CPA (Care Programme Approach)
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Understanding of Recovery principles in Mental Health
- Knowledge and understanding of both adult and childrens safeguarding guidance
- Knowledge and skills in providing supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert