A unique opportunity for a Clinical/ Counselling Psychologist/ Highly Specialist CBT Therapist, Band 7 to join the Westminster CAMHS team, working specifically in the Emotional Disorders Subteam.
Westminster CAMHS is a large, well established and dynamic team with opportunities for varied MDT work. There is a strong multi-disciplinary culture in the team and you will contribute to change management in the service. You will hold experience working in CAMHS services and have a sound understanding of mental health challenges facing children and young people. You will have significant knowledge and skills of working with moderate to severe mental health presentations and be ready to join a highly dynamic and experienced team of clinicians.Main duties of the job
You will assist with the coordination of specialist psychological assessments and offer consultation with the wider team with mental health assessments and best practice treatment for children, young people and families with a wide range of mental health needs. Support will be provided as part of the service supervision structure and a clear job plan will ensure you are well supported with clear expectations of the role. Opportunities for specialist training may be available.About us
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest specialist mental health trusts in England, providing a wide range of mental health, learning disability and substance misuse services for a population of 2 million people across nine London Boroughs. We are a University Teaching Trust with a consistent record of financial stability and an annual turnover of over �210 million with a workforce of approximately 3,400 staff
The successful applicant may have contact with patients or service users. As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settingsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide generic/specialist psychological CAMHS assessments and evidence-based psychological interventions such as CBT, ACT, CFT, DBT, to name a few. The successful candidate will work with a range of mental health difficulties, as well as formulating care plan support for the care of children, young people and families, through applying psychologically-informed clinical judgment in implementing appropriate interventions for clients with complex needs.
The post holder will work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the services policies and procedures. They will utilise research skills for audit to support policy and service development; and undertake research within the area served by the service and of relevance to young people, their families and carersPerson SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Postgraduate doctoral training in clinical psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinctpsychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology, as accredited by the BPS
- Registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council Or have completed a training on a postgraduate course which must be accredited by the BABCP
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice especially relevant to complex CAMHS. In particular: CYP-IAPT Therapy Training BABCP Accreditation in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Third wave therapies (ACT, CFT) EMDR, DBT knowledge ADOS-2/ 3Di Experience as a clinical supervisor
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client group presenting with the full range of clinical severity around mental health concerns across a range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings.
- Particular experience with mood and anxiety disorders.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary Specialist CAMHS team and of proving specialist CAMHS assessment and intervention.
- Experience of delivering evidence-based care in a number of cultural contexts.
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Experience providing neuropsychological testing (e.g cognitive assessments)
- Experience of assessing for Neurodevelopmental disorders incl. ASD and ADHD
- Experience and knowledge around gender identity difficulties and LGBTQ+.
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological / intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Knowledge of research methodology, research design anddata analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology.
- Knowledge of effective Child Protection Strategies.
- Knowledge of issues relating to consent/ capacity
Attitudes, aptitudes, personal characteristicsEssential
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of evidence based psychological/ systemic therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. children with challenging behaviours, developmental delays, post traumatic stress disorder, and complex trauma, neuro developmental difficulties, and interpersonal difficulties).
- Knowledge and skills in specialist psychological/ systemic assessment and treatment with children and young peoplewho are looked after or adopted
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group andmental health
- Skills of assessing mental health risk and safeguarding concerns
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public,professional and academic settings
- Enthusiastic, flexible and confident approach to working within a team
- Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate, to support and maintain clinicalpractice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour.
- I Experience of working within a multicultural framework. I
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.