Applications are invited to join our Acute Care Directorate of Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, as a Inpatient Locum Consultant Psychiatrist, fixed term for 12 months.
The post holder will provide medical leadership to Larimar Ward, which is a 15 bedded female acute inpatient ward at Ardenleigh Hospital, Erdington, Birmingham.
Applicants must have full registration with the GMC and MRCPsych or equivalent.
Section 12 (2) approval, approved clinician status and Certificate of Completion of Training CCT in General Adult Psychiatry or within 6 months of obtaining CCT, are desirable.Main duties of the job
You must be committed to working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, be flexible in your approach to change and be able to exercise leadership in order to provide a comprehensive and accessible service to individuals in the acute phase of mental illness. We are seeking applicants with the enthusiasm necessary to serve the needs of a city enriched by cultural diversity.
If you enjoy being part of a team, are flexible, approachable and are looking for a stimulating role in mental health, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We welcome applications both from experienced psychiatrists with an interest in acute inpatient psychiatry as well as from newly qualified consultants progressing in their consultant career.
Please see the job description for further details. For any enquiries please contact Kerry Webb, Clinical Director, on 0121 301 2318 or via email Kerry.Webb6@nhs.netAbout us
The post is subject to the annual job planning process as agreed under the consultant contract. You will participate in an (approximately) 1 in 25 on call rota and you will be supported by an experienced multidisciplinary team, medical staff and secretary. The Trust is committed to continuing professional development and you will be encouraged to develop special interests, undertake research activities and forge links with appropriate academic centres. There is an active teaching programme within the Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person Specification and Candidate Information Pack, for your information.Person SpecificationScoringEssential
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983).
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Substantial experience of psychiatry, including working with people suffering from severe mental illness, preferably in a range of secure and non-secure settings.
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level.
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence of potential for effective leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrable interest in the provision of gender sensitive mental health service.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Additional qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or another relevant field.
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register or within six months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in General Adult Psychiatry or eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- Broad clinical training including both inpatient and community service.
- Experience serving a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery.
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project.
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Larimar Ward, Ardenleigh Hospital
385 Kingsbury Road, Erdington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.