Job Title -Nurse in Endoscopy
Hours per week -37.5 hours per week
Perm/Fixed Term - Permanent
Salary - �27,055-�32,935
Closing Date: 29th May 2023
Interview Date: 6th June 2023
This post may close early due to high numbers of applications so you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email; please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas.
A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertise and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day.
#JoinTeamEliotMain duties of the job
Responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of nursing care for a specified group of patients as delegated by senior nursing staff, involving patients and carers where appropriate.
Acts as a team leader, delegating appropriate tasks and supervising the standard of care delivered by unqualified staff and learner nurses in the ward team.About us About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence Benefits
Our benefits include but are not limited to: On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colouraren't as likely to apply unless they meet every qualification. We're dedicated to building adiverse, inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role and meet our values, but yourexperience doesn't align perfectly with everything in the JD/PS - apply anyway or email us todiscuss the role furtherJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesRoles and Responsibilities 1.0 Clinical
- Deliver a high standard of nursing care without direct supervision, based upon a sound evidence base.
- Undertakes and documents a comprehensive, systematic and accurate nursing assessment of the physical, social and spiritual needs of the patient where appropriate.
- Creates and utilizes opportunities to promote health and well-being of patients in their care.
- Manage a group of patients throughout a shift as delegated by nurse in charge.
- Working within the N.M.C Guidelines and Trust Policies recognising ones own abilities and limitations.
- In the absence of senior colleagues manages the Ward/Department on occasions without direct supervision when competent to do so.
- Use computerised systems to support the provision of patient care and treatment.
- Work within Clinical Governance Standards and Trust Policies.
- Ensure that concerns and complaints from patients, visitors or colleagues are resolved where possible and reported to the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse.
- To be conversant with all Trust Emergency Procedures.
- Comply with Trust Manual Handling Policy.
- With the support of the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse maintains personal and professional development in line with the N.M.C.
- Participates in the supervision and professional development of Health Care Support Workers and Learner Nurses.
- Participate in audits to monitor the standards of patient care.
- Participate in the Trusts Appraisal System.
- To take responsibility for own personal development raising any training requirements.
Person SpecificationQualification and Professional TrainingEssential
- Ensures that the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse is informed of any professional concerns at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that PREP requirements for N.M.C. Registration are adhered to.
- Ensures current registration with NMC.
- Ability to have positive working relationships
- oNursing Degree/Diploma/Nearing the completion of NMC approved nurse training
- oWilling to work towards a post grad qualification in specialty
Experience & knowledgeEssential
- oPost grad qualification
- oENB 998
- oC&G 730
- oOther teaching
- oAble to demonstrate clinical knowledge, skills and expertise.
- oDemonstrates the use of evidence based practice in the implementation of change
- oDemonstrates the awareness and impact of clinical governance.
- oCritical analytical skills
- oUndertake wide experience during training in an acute setting
- oKnowledge and application of NMC Code of Conduct
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- oEvidence of Research or Clinical Audit
- oUndertaken wide experience during training
- oTo be able to assist patients to move using appropriate aids on a frequent basis
- oTo be able to transport patients using wheelchair/trolley or bed on a frequent basis. This will occur for short periods frequently throughout a normal shift and will require moderate effort
- oAbility to have positive working relationships
- oExcellent communication skills
- oAbility to work under pressure to meet required deadlines
- oExperience of using evidence based practice.
- oAbility to motivate others
- oAbility to have positive working relationships.
- oGood health record
- oGood organisational skills
- oAble to demonstrate clinical knowledge, skills and expertise
- oAwareness of wide NHS Agenda and Modernisation Initiatives
- oReport writing skills
- oPresentation skills
- oCan demonstrate involvement in clinical audit
- oDemonstrate the need for political awareness and diplomacy
- oDemonstrate understanding of Essence of Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.