We are able to offer an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic and friendly team as a Sister or Charge Nurse on the Short Stay Unit on Ward 216.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working as a Sister or Charge Nurse on Ward 216. There is one permanent position available.
If you are looking for an interesting and varied position and would like to work as part of a motivated and busy team this could be the position for you.
The ward currently has 36 Short Stay beds and aim to facilitate early discharges, working closely with the MDT and the Frail Elderly Assessment Team. We are part of the Acute Medicine business unit and have a close relationship with MAU, A&E and our fellow short stay ward.Main duties of the job
As a band 6 on the ward you will have the opportunity to coordinate the ward and work closely with the the MDT in order to facilitate excellent care for our patients.
You will be expected to assist with the general care of the patients, be visible and approachable on the ward and escalate concerns where appropriate.
Your duties will include helping with the admission and discharging of patients, handle minor issues on the ward and work closely with the band 7 to maintain governance targets.
You will also have the opportunity to engage in staff management, audits, complaints and concerns. You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills in a fast paced and exciting working environment. Closing date of applications: 30 May 2023 Interview date: 13 June 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A&Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable
- Demonstrable post registration experience
- Effective communication skills
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Evidence of a leadership course
- Evidence of effective teamwork
- Examples of leading a team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.