Care to join us in making a positive difference in people's lives, by working in partnership with service users, their carers and families. Be a core member of a multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care Team and contribute to the effective assessment and discharge planning with working age adults in the area of Torbay and for Torbay residents in out of area hospitals in the region.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have specific responsibilities in the context of Safeguarding Adults from abuse or neglect and operating in a manner consistent with Human Rights legislation. This includes initial information gathering within the Safeguarding Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to assist in establishing statutory duties in response to adult abuse concerns raised. This will include for example, face to face visits, telephone, e-mail contacts to support informed decision making. You could also be asked to move into other Baywide teams which may include Undertaking urgent response duty work.
To be a core member of a multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care Team and contribute to the effective assessment and care planning with adults in the area of Torbay.
To undertake holistic social care assessments, in partnership with service users, families and carers. The post holder will need to be able to commission services to ensure the most beneficial and cost-effective care packages are established, delivered, monitored and reviewed, and comply with all statutory requirements for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust policies and guidelines.
To have clear responsibilities for the safeguarding of adults and children and for operating in a manner consistent with Human Rights legislation. This may includes information gathering within the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) team.About us
Baywide Social Care Team are a small but supportive team who enjoy mentoring team members and students and are passionate about delivering quality care to patients. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues.
There are three Adult Social Care Community Teams within the Front-End Service and a Safeguarding Single Point of Contact Team (SPOC) team which has a primary focus on receiving and responding to safeguarding concerns.
These teams provide specialist social care interventions and work in an integrated way with health colleagues to ensure the delivery of high-quality care services for people living in Torbay. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues.
The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance. The applicant would be expected to move between teams as required.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFull Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. #caretojoinusTSDPerson SpecificationSpecific SkillsEssential
- Experience of safeguarding adult processes,
- Experience of mental capacity assessment and development of best interest decision
- Experience of hospital discharge pre-covid, during covid assessment, planning, information and advice
Qualifications and trainingEssential
- Experience of court of protection,
- Experience of court work (family, coroner, or criminal court)
- Experience of working with people around end of life care and discharge planning
- Relevant professional Social Work qualification - Degree/Diploma Work, Certificate of Qualification in Social Work, Certificate in Social Services
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Post Qualifying consolidation and commitment to post qualification training
- Knowledge/skills of safeguarding adult processes, Care Act & Mental Capacity Act
- Ability to present as an excellent role model for good practice within the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to provide formal supervision and provide information and advice around hospital discharge planning to include funding under covid, and also commissioned services in social care
- Knowledge of Managing Expectations
- Ability to take a lead role in jointly-worked complex cases and to think laterally whilst maximising quality outcomes from resources
- Ability to work on own initiative while making positive use of supervision and training
- Ability to use IT-based Care management systems
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the statutory requirements of the post
- oAbility to manage time effectively in assessing, planning, monitoring and reviewing service user's needs and services
- Good reporting and recording skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a broad range of people
- Commitment to the concepts of a needs-led service, quality standards and service user choice within the context
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work within corporate policy and an awareness of Equal Opportunities
Requirements due to work environment/conditionsEssential
- Health and Safety in the workplace legislation
- Ability to undertake risk assessments within all aspects of day to day work
- Ability to act as a consultant on practice-based issues for other health and social care practitioners
- Knowledge of Continuing Care/ Registered Nursing Care Contribution
- Knowledge of Direct Payments and Independent Living Fund
- Knowledge of Intermediate Care
- Knowledge of end of life care
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Ensuring the safety of less-experienced staff in these settings
- Current registration with the Social Work England
- Full Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
- Willingness to work outside of office hours
- Willingness to undertake information technology training when required
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Baywide Social Care Team
Kings Ash House, Kings Ash Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.