Frimley Health Foundation Trust has an exciting new vacancy for a Band 6 Senior Stroke Dietitian to assist the provision and optimisation of nutritional status of stroke rehabilitation patients admitted to Wexham Park Hospital.
This role will involve working alongside a friendly and experienced team of Dietitians as well as working closely with other members of the stroke multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities include clinical lead for stroke speciality within the inpatient dietetic team providing specialist dietetic advice for patients with complex clinical conditions within stroke rehabilitation and medical patient groups, utilisation of skills in oral and enteral nutrition, and supporting assessments for long-term feeding tubes and co-ordinating home enteral nutrition discharges. Attendance will be required at weekly stroke MDT meetings to discuss patient care and establish the Dietitian role as a core member and expert resource within the multi-disciplinary team.
Our department is a well-established team with dietitians working within 12 specialities. Our department values each individual within the team by supporting wellbeing, personal development and regular supervision, which creates a supportive team environment. We have a focus on encouraging continued professional development by providing internal and external opportunities for learning.Main duties of the job
About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
- Be responsible for providing specialist dietetic advice for patients with complex clinical conditions within stroke rehabilitation and medical patient groups.
- Clinical skills in stroke rehabilitation and medical conditions including oral and enteral feeding methods.
- Supporting assessments for long-term feeding tubes and co-ordinating home enteral nutrition discharges
- Attendance at weekly stroke multi-disciplinary meetings
- Establishing Dietitian role as a core member and expert resource within the multi-disciplinary team
- Contribute to the development and provision of resources used within stroke and home enteral nutrition speciality
- Attendance and contribution to stroke related meetings Link stroke services and clinical practice cross-site and with referring healthcare centres
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to attached job description and additional job description addendum for further details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised degree or postgraduate diploma in nutrition and dietetics or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Member of BDA
- Relevant clinical courses
- Attendance at student supervision training
- Relevant clinical experience in oral and enteral nutrition
- Training and supervision with students
- Training and education with patients and healthcare professionals
- Multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of supporting long-term tube feeding decisions and co-ordinating discharges for home enteral nutrition
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Organisation and time keeping
- IT skills
- Communication skills
- Working autonomously and within teams
- Problem solve
- Audit experience
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.