Job summary***Band 5 Adult Airway experienced Staff Nurses opportunities - join St George's Hospital - ***
This will be an excellent opportunity to develop airway management skills , Competency's with tracheostomy and Laryngectomy care . We are the designated unit for H&N , ENT & Maxillofacial oncology care for St Georges.Main duties of the job
Your nursing career - your choice!
Join the NHS in your permanent Band 5 Adult Registered Nurse
role in one of hundreds of teams across nine hospitals, community and specialist clinical services serving millions of people in South West London and beyond.
Choose St Georges NHS Trust and join a team that suits you best!
With more than 200 different clinical services and specialties, 22,000+ staff - and serving four million+ people across London and further afield - we offer an easy, quick route into the widest range of opportunities for airway training and develop your career .
Please do get in touch. We'd love to tell you more about what's on offer including:
- Flexible start date to suit your needs
- Unrivalled learning and development - support from day one with dedicated preceptors, mentors, clear Band 5 career and skills pathways and comprehensive clinical and leadership training opportunities
- Choice of great locations, from vibrant, diverse London boroughs to green outer London and Surrey - all within easy public transport reach of the city centre
- Unique opportunities to gain the experience you want - choose from national and world-leading specialist services, every ward and specialty you can imagine, even community roles - with flexibility to move between Trusts and services via rotation and future roles
- Support settling in, from finding accommodation to ensuring your role is right for you - and offering different options if you wish
- The unique environment of busy, dynamic London NHS Trusts - working with world-leading clinicians, supportive nursing teams, benefiting from the best teaching hospitals and universities, adopting the latest digital clinical technology - and serving uniquely diverse communities.
With major nine hospital sites, more than 22,000 staff, and serving around four million people with our core and specialist services, the four South West London Acute NHS Trusts offer a quick, 'one stop shop' route to a huge range of opportunities.
Enjoy living in great locations across London and its outskirts - all within short journeys of your work. Whether it's support finding accommodation, the friendliest of welcomes from committed nursing teams, and even the chance to move between roles and departments if your Band 5 role isn't quite what you want - we're flexible and dedicated to giving you the best to develop in your nursing career.
Apply now !!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
* Admission , discharge and ongoing daily holistic care to our H&N cancer patients with tracheostomy , Laryngectomy and Major flap.
* Prioritise the needs and emergency and management.
* Facilitate effective and safe complex H&N discharges by communicating with MDT
* work in collaborate with Trachy & H&N CNS
* Take charge of the shift to develop the leadership skills
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Supervise the junior team and students on placement .Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Qualifications and Training
- 12 months H&N tracheostomy experience
Education & ResearchEssential
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and patient care needs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of managing resources
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of research and evidence based practice
- Understands the importance of developing self and others
General & PersonalEssential
- Demonstrates an understanding of audit
- Ability to take on small research or audit project.
- Motivated and demonstrates an enthusiasm for the speciality
- Demonstrates a caring and sensitive approach to patient care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.