12 Fixed term contract/ secondment opportunity.
The Role will involve clinical assessment and care planning and delivery for patients. Including pressure ulcer reviews and data gathering/reporting, education and teaching, support and liaison for patients on the virtual ward, discharge planning and theatre support.
Active involvement in QI projects, implementation of new ways of working and record keeping, investigations, audits and safeguarding issues.
The role is autonomous and as a team member you will have responsibility for a wide variety of patients across the Trust and receiving input and treatment from the Team.
There may be the need to represent the department at internal and external meetings if a senior member of the team is unavailable. The post may include expanded working to support the community in the future so the ability to become mobile and more flexible in working is a requirement within this post.
Working Monday - Friday across all areas of the site.Advert closes: 8th June 2023Interview date: 23rd June 2023Main duties of the job
The role would suit a current experience Registered Band 6 Nurse who has significant relevant clinical experience in tissue viability or a related field, or alternatively a Registered Band 5 with significant experience in tissue viability or evidenced related field who feels ready to undertake a Band 6 role.
As the successful candidate, you will need to:
If you are considering applying for this post on a secondment basis, please discuss with your Line Manager prior to applying to ascertain whether this could be supported. About us
- Demonstrate as a minimum, a good level of wound care knowledge, dressing application and use, along with a good understanding of the categories of pressure ulcers and aetiology.
- Have experience of application and use of Topical Negative Pressure Therapy, as you will be providing advice, guidance and teaching to Trust staff and external staff as a minimum.
- Be expected to be at least two years post graduation within a relevant clinical field. You will be required to be involved in investigations and safeguarding reviews and meetings both internally and externally.
- Support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Deliver a high quality service for all patients under the care of the Tissues Viability Service
- Independently provide holistic pressure ulcer and wound assessments for individuals with health impairment, facilitating the identification of adverse conditions that impair tissue health
- Plan, deliver and evaluate high standard, patient-centred, evidence-based nursing care, particularly in relation to the prevention and management of wounds
- Promote clear, concise and specific documentation in relation to tissue viability issues
- Act as a clinical role model, ensuring clinical expertise and practice is enhanced
- In the absence of senior colleagues, be available to offer telephone advice to GPs, other health care professionals, patients and carers on aspects of tissue viability
- In the absence of senior colleagues, be the first point of contact for medical staff and multi-disciplinary team members for all tissue viability issues in the NNUH Trust within week-day office hours, to deal with these issues using professional judgement within NMC/Trust guidelines
- With direction from senior colleagues, participate in the innovative improvement in patient care
- First level Registered Nurse Diploma
- Tissue Viability Module/Course or qualification
- Significant post registration experience, some of which must have been in a relevant clinical area
- Relevant experience in assessing and managing pathways for patients with a wide range of tissue viability issues
- Enhanced clinical practice to include Leg Ulcer Management and Tissue Viability
- The ability to prioritise workload, effective time management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent in application of Topical Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.