The post holder will rotate through CT , General X-ray departments and Interventional on a daily basis, depending on where the individual has been rostered to. Therefore, a flexible and adaptive working attitude is crucial, along with a willingness to participate in the out of hours and weekend rotas.
Key objectives of the post: To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team - showing flexibility of shared tasks to ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both fellow staff and patients.Main duties of the job
To ensure that a safe, high quality, efficient service is delivered to all patients and Consultant users.
To participate in out of hours, night and weekend shifts, as per the monthly roster.
To lead the CT/X-ray department/Interventional, when required, and liaise closely with the Leads.
To train junior members of staff and new starters.
To undertake clinical audit and equipment QA as and when required.
You will possess a BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent qualification and should be registered with the Health Care Professions Council. The successful candidate will have proven postgraduate experience and the ability to work within a versatile team whilst also being able to use their own initiative and work independently. You should have the desire to teach others, have good organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise tasks and effectively liaise with other departments.About usWalsall Healthcare NHS Trust is an integrated Trust and the only provider of NHS acute care in Walsall, serving a population of 286,700, providing inpatient and outpatient services at the Manor Hospital as well as a wide range of services in the community. Walsall Manor houses the full range of district general hospital services under one roof. The �170 million development was completed in 2010 and the continued upgrading of existing areas ensures the Trust now has a state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit, Neonatal Unit, Obstetric Theatre, and Integrated Assessment Unit facilities. Work is also well underway on its multi-million pound new Urgent and Emergency Care Centre which will house a new Emergency Department (including Children's Emergency Department), co-located Paediatric Assessment Unit, Acute Medical Unit and Urgent Care Centre. This is scheduled for completion this year.
We would particularly welcome applications from people from a BME background and people with a disability as these groups are currently under-represented at senior level. We value diversity within our Trust and are working to achieve equality in our recruitment.
We support flexible working for all employees and prospective applicants.
Any settled workers meeting the requirements must be offered the position in preference to any non-resident candidates meeting the requirements, unless the role falls under a PhD-level code, in which case sponsorship may be attained.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To perform appraisals for junior staff, as directed, in a timely manner, setting objectives and personal development plans
- To take day to day responsibility for the smooth running of a clinical area, escalating any issues to the professional modality lead or Professional Lead as required
- To be responsible for maintaining professional and technical standards relevant Radiography
- To establish and maintain effective communication with all members of the imaging team, both senior and junior.
- To challenge, in a positive manner, poor working practices seeking support from senior colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement and development
- To participate with the recruitment and selection of staff as directed, under the supervision of senior staff.
- To deliver the training and development for junior staff in the Department, under the direction of the professional modality leads, in order for them to develop their full potential for the benefit of the service and their careers.
- To be a visible leader in the department, motivating staff and providing guidance and support
- To document and report any equipment faults or breakdowns in a timely manner and notify the Professional Lead.
- To ensure appropriate handover of equipment to engineers and medical physics staff coordinate routine maintenance of equipment and management of breakdowns
- To observe Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017, Ionising Radiation Regulations, Local Rules, Policies and Procedures, in line with promoting radiation protection
- oExperience in General Radiography
- oEvidence of Post Graduate development
- oDCR/BSc Diagnostic Radiography
- oHPC Registration
- oPost Graduate study
- oWide range of practical experience
- oEvidence of up to date technical and professional knowledge
- oAble to supply accurate, precise information
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.